SummerPlace Inn Destin FL Hotel
US$188
EmbassySuites.com
Wingate by Wyndham Destin(Destin)(Great Value!)
US$212
US$134
US$83
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Destin(Destin)(Great Value!)
US$122
Hampton Inn & Suites Destin(Destin)(Great Value!)
US$168
US$149
Hampton.com
US$212
US$188
Candlewood Suites Destin-Sandestin(Destin)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$234
Travelocity
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
All reviewssummer place innbalcony roomfree breakfastjoe's crab shackacross the streetoutdoor poolyogurthot tubbooked this hotelgreat place to stayshort staygreat ratebeds were very comfortablepublic beachthe room was nicethe entire staffhenderson beach
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 March 2014

After two nights at a re-done hotel which was acceptable, we decided to go to the Summer Place Inn for a better environment. Checking-in, we found there was a three day special which was less than the older less desirable location. Unfortunately, we were unable to stay the three nights, and rather than charge the regular fee, our "two" nights were based on the special price. Staff was extremely pleasant, available, and helpful. Rooms were clean, spacious, and inviting. Would absolutely stay here again any time in Destin.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dean M
Jenny L, General Manager at SummerPlace Inn Destin FL Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review. We like to think of our property as a hidden jewel. We are an upscale select service boutique hotel with great rates!. I'm glad we were able to accommodate all of your needs. Please come back to visit us soon. We appreciate your business and thanks again!

Reviewed 7 March 2014

My wife and I traveled to Destin, my wife was having surgery and we had to stay the night. I went to the hotel to see if I could register so that when my wife's surgery was done I would not have to delay getting into a room. I was assisted at the front desk by Surrena, not only did she register me but since the room was clean she allowed me to check in early, gave me a room on the first floor and right next to a side entrance. My wife had to take 10 steps to be in the room. The entire staff was friendly and helpful. I appreciate good customer service and this was a pleasurable experience.

Room Tip: Stay on back side of hotel. Traffic noise.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank John T
Jenny L, General Manager at SummerPlace Inn Destin FL Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review. We do our best to accomodate the specific needs of our guests. We truly believe in our motto "Superior Service" to go above and beyond what's expected. We are pleased that you found your stay enjoyable. We are hoping for your wife's quick recovery. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

My wife and I stayed for 3 consecutive nights and were very satisfied with the accomodations.

The room was clean and decorated nicely. Beds were comfortable. Maid staff took very good care of us. The microwave didn't work properly the first night and my wife mentioned it to the maid next day. Three hours later there was a knock on the door and the maintenance man replaced the defective microwave unit.

Other posters have complained about the refrigerator. The freezer unit of the fridge is quite small, not enough room for a half gallon container of ice cream for instance, but the refrigerator worked well and was adequate for our limited needs.

Other posters have complained about the workout room. It doesn't have any upper body equipment and has only enough room for 2 treadmills and a TV. I am 67 years old, have bad knees, and can't use a treadmill. I have a Weider Pro 6900 that I use for upper body exercise at home. From my standpoint replacing one of the treadmills with some sort of upper body machine would be a definite improvement. That, or keep the treadmills, enlarge the space and add some dumbells and a mat. The Weider Pro costs less than $400 new at Sears..................hint, hint.

Breakfast was very good as far as complimentary breakfasts go and was somewhat different each day. I kept hoping for a repeat of the sausage gavy and biscuits but it didn't happen.................the breakfast crew did a good job of keeping the selections available and restocked throughout the full 3 hours of availability.

We were on 4th floor and had a distant but very pleasant view of the ocean. Highway 98 is busy and runs in front of the property but we found the traffic noise was not bothersome to us.

Guest laundry has one washer and one dryer so availabillity is somewhat limited. The dryer was efficient and dried our washer load of jeans and fleece in only one cycle.

This was our second stay at SummerPlace. We had spent a couple of days there way back in 2009. We will definitely stay again if rooms are available on our next Destin visit.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Jenny L, General Manager at SummerPlace Inn Destin FL Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Thank you so much for that detailed review. I think it is important to share that information with future guest. We appreciate you taking the time to let everyone know about the pro's and con's of staying at the SummerPlace Inn. We love getting feedback from the guest because it let's us know where we can improve our service. We will definitely be looking into how to better the fitness area. We look forward to your next visit and we appreciate your business. Thank you.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

Have never stayed @ SummerPlace Inn, but do plan to return. So glad I happened to "stumble" on it while "surfing the net" for a place to stay in Destin for a few days before moving into our condo rental for the first week-of March. Place is super & the staff very friendly. B'fast is nice & more than adequate. Rooms are large & nicely decorated---very nice decor throughout the hotel.
There was a "glitch" with our reservation when we checked-in. It was readily taken care-of, with a room "upgrade", to boot. Don't know how anyone could have any complaints with this property. Will recommend it to our friends, for sure.
I don't usually do these reviews, but this one I am doing before we even check out!
Come on down, you won't regret it!

Room Tip: Our room had a bay window, which made the room seem much larger & made for a nice sitting area with the couch, chair, desk & coffee table. Everything is just perfect. Could not have asked for more, in my book.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jim L

WOW! Thank you so much for that great review! I will be sure to share your kinds words with the entire staff. It puts the biggest smiles on our face when we get feedback such as yours. We work very hard to make sure that we go above and beyond for every guest. Thanks to your review we know that hard works pays off. We look forward to your next visit to the SummerPlace Inn. Please make sure to call us directly so that we can get you the best deal possible. We appreciate your business.

Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

Very high end hotel for the price in the heart of Destin. Great breakfast ,super staff and love the indoor and outdoor pool. What strikes me most about this place is the amenities in the room. High end shampoos and soaps, a really great bed ,and super clean quality throughout the hotel.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank destinloan
Jenny L, General Manager at SummerPlace Inn Destin FL Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Thank you so much for your review. We are so pleased that we were able to assist with your tandem bicycle. The next time you make your way back to Destin make sure to give us a call. We would be happy to see you again! We appreciate your business.