“Good stay,sleep well”

SummerPlace Inn
Ranked #14 of 39 Hotels in Destin
“Good stay,sleep well”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

We arrived a day earlier than the condo we booked,so we stayed at Summer place inn for one night,very good experience.Even our room just next to elevator but it's so quiet and beds are very comfortable.We all had good night
Sleep.Staffs are very friendly.Free wifi and free breakfast.Its a good place to stay.

Stayed August 2014
Jenny L, General Manager at SummerPlace Inn, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review. I'm glad that you were able to stay with us and experience the SummerPlace Inn. We have many guest that stay with us before checking into their condos. They return and visit us every year when they arrive in town. Our hope is that you come back to visit us again as well. We appreciate your business. Make sure to always call us directly when booking your reservation.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Lewisville, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel at the end of July, the peak season. I went with my 2 friends who are a couple (Im a 30 something female). I really liked this hotel. Its no Hilton, but I have no complaints. The entire staff was VERY friendly. It is so refreshing when employees make it a point to give good customer service. I really felt like they wanted and appreciated my business! We had a couple of unique requests that the cleaning crew and the front desk had no problem assisting me with. The free breakfast was varied each day. That was nice. Though I have had bigger and better free breakfasts before, I never went away dissatisfied. My favorite was the egg and sausage day. I made sausage mcmuffins. YUM! They also had biscuits and gravy and oatmeal on other days, along with the traditional continental items. The traffic around this hotel was horrendous, though it was our fault going at peak season. But it is really close to the beach. I walked one day but didn't make it a habit because the one intersection you have to cross is very busy and waiting in the hot sun wasn't fun. I did like that the hotel shared a parking lot with Joes Crab Shack and Bubba Gump Shrimp. I loved walking over there and taking advantage of their happy hour. Overall, I was very satisfied with what I got for my money. I would stay here again, definitely.
Side Note: The beaches north and south of destin were full of seaweed. No way I would have gotten into the ocean if our beach looked like that. One of the waitresses said it always seems to come at the end of July.I think we just got lucky that our beach/ocean wasn't the same, so keep that in mind when booking!!

Room Tip: Its a small hotel so I can't imagine that there is a bad room.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you so much for that detailed review. We love receiving honest feedback from the guest. We truly try to live by our motto "Superior Style. Superior Service." Which means to go above and beyond for our guest. Whatever you would get at another hotel, we want to offer you a step further. July is the busiest time of the year! If you ever get the chance I always recommend to travel to Destin around October. The weather is amazing, the traffic declines, and there are many Festivals hosted in the area. You will also be able to take advantage of our fall rates! The seaweed unfortunately is unpredictable. On most days the water is that clear beautiful Emerald color. Hopefully when you return you will get to experience our beautiful beaches at it's best! We appreciate you business and look forward to your next visit.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Sad that today is our last day here my fiancé and I traveled to Destin alone without children this time and this hotel was everything we needed and more.. It is so clean and up to date, the beds are comfortable and staff is very friendly!! Jeff was our check in clerk and was awesome.. Will definitely be back...

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Cherie P
Thank you so much for your review. We are so happy that we were able to provide you with a get away. I will make sure to pass along your kind words to Jeff. Our comfortable beds are actually one the top compliments we receive from guest. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

After going to 2 other hotels, we drove up to find that it actually matched the pics they put online. We were greeted by Megan whom was very friendly and attended to all our needs. This hotel had the clean feel as soon as we walked inn. Sharrena whom worked the second night was also terrific and went above and beyond for our needs. And Rebecca had a great attitude. I would definitely recommend this hotel for the right price across the street from the beach. They even allowed us to use there towels for the beach.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review. I will make sure to pass along your kind words to our staff members. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit. Make sure to call us directly to ensure that we get you the best deal possible.
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

I would probably not come back to Destin, because there are simply much more beautiful places on the Emerald Cost. But this hotel made our stay there very enjoyable. The room was spotless, the linens and towels were great and the complimentary body lotion smells amazing! The bed wasone of the most comfortable beds I've slept in during this trip so far. The complimentary breakfast was nothing special but definately okay with a hot portion and waffles. The staff was very helpful and friendly. We had a lovely dinner at the crab shack right next door, which was very convenient for us.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank marylou_tuesday
Thank you so much for you review. We are so pleased that despite your feelings on Destin, that the SummerPlace Inn made your stay! We like to treat all our guest like long time friends coming to visit with us. I do recommend coming to Destin around October. The weather is still warm, the traffic declines, and there are many festivals. In addition our rates for our property are extremely reasonable. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit.
Edmonton, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here 2 nights. Room was nice, loved having a ceiling fan in my room. Staff was exceptionally nice. Will definitely stay again. Close to the beach. Bubba gump shrimp house and Joe's Crab Shack within easy walking distance.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank edwards12
Thank you so much for your review. We love to hear whenever our guest are satisfied with our service and product. The close proximity to the beaches and restaurants is one of the great perks of our hotel. Our hope is that you come back to stay with us year after year. Make sure to call us directly to ensure that you get the best deal possible. Thank you for you business.
Fort Smith, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Stayed here July 12-19. It is the second time we have been here. It is clean and rooms are spacious.They clean daily if you want them to. Staff is always polite and accommodating. I appreciate that when staying at a hotel. Breakfast is rotated out most days, so one day it will be oatmeal, then eggs/sausage then sausage/biscuit. Then daily the have yogurt, juice, boiled eggs, muffins, breads, etc. I like the fact that at the pool they always have fresh clean over sized towels, which come in handy. The pool was very clean and enjoyable. I enjoyed coming back from a long day at the beach, they always had cookies, or cold water out in the foyer. It is certainly a nice touch. The only thing I wish they had was an outside awning in the front of the hotel to help protect you from rain when checking in or out. Enjoyed my stay and will stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kimpossible P
Thank you so much for you review. We appreciate all the positive feedback. We are even happier to hear that you have returned to stay with us again! Our staff members work very hard to ensure that you have a clean and friendly environment during your stay. Thank you for your suggestions. We will be looking into how we can improve our product. We appreciate your business and loyalty. See you soon!