“Great Service!”

Ranked #14 of 39 Hotels in Destin
College Park, Georgia
“Great Service!”
Reviewed 11 September 2010

Our stay at the Summerplace Inn was great! The service was top notch. I saw staff jump in and serve beyond their normal duties to ensure that guests were well taken care of. The amenities were nice and clean. The rooms were comfortable and the location was perfect--in less than one minute you can be on the beach by car and under 10 minutes by foot. The only suggestion that I would make is that a cold water dispenser is added to the breakfast bar. Otherwise, we were very pleased with the service, amenities and location of the hotel. Thanks Summerplace!! See you in October.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
mistellelangen, General Manager at SummerPlace Inn, responded to this review, 24 September 2010
Thank you for taking the time to share about your experience at SummerPlace Inn. We pride ourselves on taking care of each and every guest - and it is truly rewarding to hear that as a guest you witnessed the care and concern our staff has for our guests. I will definitely take note of your suggestion of a water dispenser in the breakfast area. We look forward to seeing you again in October (this is the staff's favorite time of year here in Destin - and we are sure you will thoroughly enjoy your time!)

Mistelle Langen, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Fairview Heights, Illinois
Reviewed 27 August 2010

My wife and I stayed at the SummerPlace Inn for four nights at the beginning of August. The hotel is in a good location, only a short trip to the major destinations in Destin. The front desk staff was always nice and willing to accommodate. The hotel and room were both clean and updated. The room included an LCD TV and the bathroom was clean with good water pressure. The breakfast includes the typical pastries, yogurt, juices, and a waffle maker.

We only had two complaints about our stay. The first day of our stay, we had some problems getting the room cleaned. The attendant stopped by every time we had just arrived back from going out, never managing to clean the room while we were out for several hours. The room never did get cleaned that day and we had to ask the front desk for more towels. The rest of the days were fine, so I don't believe this is a systemic problem. The other complaint is the rather hard pillows. My wife and I frequently awoke with neck pain or headaches from the pillows.

The hotel is definitely worth the money. If we had brought our own pillows, we would have had a nearly perfect stay!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 15 August 2010

This was our first trip to Destin, and we enjoyed it very much. I found this hotel thru Trip Advisor and called the hotel directly to book a room and was given a very good room rate. We found the hotel to be very clean and updated with upscale furnishings and amenities. The front desk girls were very helpful and friendly to me and my family and took care of our every need. The pools are very small, so if that is important to you, be aware of that. The free breakfast was the weakest part of the experience, maybe I should not complain about something that is free, but when some hotels are putting an emphasis on this part of their experience, then it needs to be spoken of. The selections were very small, and the one waffle maker was not enough even for a smaller hotel. The hotel is across from the beach, but it is across two streets and other properties, so be prepared to drive to the beach. We went to Henderson Beach State Park and loved it, it does cost money to do this, but it is well worth the cost, there are restrooms and pavilions which makes up for not being on the beach. Overall, we really enjoyed our stay at the Summerplace Inn and would encourage any family needing to vacation on a little smaller budget this year to take advantage of this great smaller hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
mistellelangen, General Manager at SummerPlace Inn, responded to this review, 20 August 2010
Thank you so much for choosing to come to Destin as a first time visitor to the area. As a community we sincerely appreciate that you selected Destin as your getaway with all that has happened this year! As the General Manager, I try to follow up with every review/guest comment - as I take these very seriously - and as a tool to make future guests stay even better. I noticed that breakfast was not your favorite part of the stay, and excluding the waffle machine, I would love to hear of other items you would have liked to see in our selection. Please feel free to email me at mistelle.langen@pinnaclehm.com. Any input is always greatly appreciated! Again, thank you for visiting Destin and for taking the time to share with others about your experience at the SummerPlace Inn.

Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 12 August 2010

Being a travel agent.. we like to drive to places and just pop into a hotel and kind of inspect it for seling purposes.. so I decided to drive over from Tallahassee for the day to Destin.. we decided to stay based on location and the exterior of hotel looked inviting.. and upon arrival the staff was amazing.. Very Very friendly staff.. the rooms were small and the door in our room did not close very securely.. and it rattled every time someone opened a door near ours so much so that you thought someone was coming in.. and I was traveling with a small child alone and did not feel all that comfortable.. the AC in room never would get really cold.. it keep the room fom being unbearable but not at night we were hot.. Also the fridge was open and soaked with a towel sitting inside that was wet and smelled like mildew. The location was good not too much noise from street traffic.. but the price was too expensive for what we got..

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
I'd like to thank you for taking the time to share about your experience at SummerPlace Inn. Thank you so much for the kind words you wrote about our team. We pride ourselves on providing "Superior Service" and when that is recognized the staff feeds off that guest's positive experience. I do apologize for your experience with the fridge. It sounds like we were defrosting it and unfortunately we had a communication breakdown internally. I will definitely use this experience to have a training opportunity with our team to ensure future guests do not encounter the same thing. Again, thank you for taking the time to share about your experience.

Oslo
Reviewed 30 July 2010

We stayed 2 nights in Destin, FL because a friend recommended the beaches. We had just spend 3 nights in New Orleans, and was ready for some sun and relaxing time.

The hotel seemed like an affordable option near the sea. We booked a room with king size bed.

The room was clean and nice, flat screen TV, a fan in the ceiling. Breakfast was complimentary.

There is a room with computers and printer available for the guests and there is a gym available.

Free parking.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to share about your travel experience to SummerPlace Inn. I certainly hope that your experience in Destin gave you the Sun and Relaxation that you were seeking! Should you ever return to the area from Oslo, I hope we have the opportunity of taking care of you again.

Harvey, Louisiana
Reviewed 28 July 2010

Great for the price, beds comfortable, very clean, service was good except when we arrived the evening clerk act like she was afraid of African Amercians my husband is a very dark colored man, but after that everyone else was great.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Ms. Lorena,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at SummerPlace Inn. I'm sorry that you felt the clerk may have been afraid of your family. We are a very diverse workplace and pride ourselves on being a melting pot of our own as we refer to ourselves. This being said, I will definitely follow up on this! I am glad to hear that aside from this one encounter you received quality service and that your overall experience was of high quality. Again, thank you for sharing about your experiencve at SummerPlace Inn.

Moss Point, Mississippi
Reviewed 26 July 2010

Excellent Location, right next to the TRACK. Very friendly staff. My kids loved the candy they kept on the front desk. One day they had cold bottled water out in the lobby when we came in from a hot day. Inside was surprisingly quiet due to all the noise outside (HWY 98 and the Track). No problem sleeping....we were all worn out! My only complaint is that there was only one dryer in the entire hotel. I had to go check the dryer for availability several times before I could use it to dry our wet beach towels. There is room in the vending areas for a dryer on each floor, and that would have made our stay a little easier.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
mistellelangen, General Manager at SummerPlace Inn, responded to this review, 29 July 2010
I wanted to take a moment to thank you for taking the time to share with others about your experience at our hotel. It is so nice to hear that you appreciated all of our "little" gestures to help make sure you had a wonderful stay. I want you to know that I am currently working on getting a second washer and dryer for the hotel. However, if in the future you encounter this same problem, please call the front desk and we will work with you to get your towels dry, even if we need to use our commercial machines! We hope to see you again soon, and again, thank you for sharing about your stay!