“Dolphin Connection”

21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Dolphin Connection”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Staff was wonderful, very nice, helpful, however, the dolphin trainer we were with was insistant on having the dolphins switch every 1-2 minutes, seemed like more time spent exchanging dolphins than interacting with them.

2 Thank Doc2002

• Hungarian first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“awesome but very expensive”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

My teenagers ages 17,15, and 14 had "the best time of our lives swimming and playing with the dolphins" but kept saying no to the dolphin connection because of the expense-175.00 plus tax. I talked them into it because it was a once in a lifetime experience.

York, Pennsylvania
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 103 helpful votes
“Great Fun!”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Our daughters did the dolphin connection & thoroughly enjoyed it. We have pictures galore of them in the water with the dolphins. The trainers do a fabulous job with the visitors & the dolphins. Well worth the money to make that happen.

Visited September 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 94 helpful votes
“Finally checked off my bucket list ...”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I've long said I missed my calling to be a marine biologist. I feel a strong connection with marine life, but especially with dolphins. Growing up, we had Sea World nearby (long since closed) that fostered my love. I've spent countless hours sitting near dolphins, watching them, observing them. Long before I knew what a bucket list was, I wanted to swim with these amazing animals.
For our 15th anniversary, my husband planned our trip to Key West specifically to check this off my bucket / dream list.
The staff at Dolphin Connection was very welcoming. The time spent in the water with the dolphins was about 30 minutes (with a short break in the middle). I absolutely loved every moment. My only slight disappointment was that it was so "scripted". You were told when, where and exactly how to do any motions, touching, interacting with the animals. While I realize this is probably for safety reasons, I'd have liked a moment to just pet them gently, say hello and let the animal feel my energy and get to know me a bit versus such an exact trained script.
Overall it was very much worth the experience and the four male dolphins there were absolutely beautiful !! I appreciate the fact that the dolphins are kept in a natural ocean lagoon and their health seems very important. I do think that the interactions should vary and not be so "scripted" both for the guests and the mental stimulation of the animals. I also think that the charges for the photos was a bit excessive. I believe it was $49.99 for four photos. After paying such a hefty admission, it seemed a bit like gouging.

1 Thank Beachbrat11
Austin, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Worth the price of admission!”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

My husband and I are avid divers that love dolphins. We spent a few hours at the Dolphin Connection and learned more about these beautiful marine mammals. This organization works to advance our insight into dolphin biology and behavior while sharing the beauty and charm of the dolphins with guests. This is a MUST SEE if you are in the Florida Keys.

Visited January 2014