“Dirty Rooms in Disrepair, Terrible Service”

and 1 more site!
Blue Inn Winter Haven East - Dundee
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Dundee
Gainesville, Florida, United States
“Dirty Rooms in Disrepair, Terrible Service”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

My husband and I rented a room at this Red Roof Inn last minute, because everything but the Hilton in Lake Wales was booked. The first room we were put in seemed relatively tidy, but when I took a shower, it did not drain at all, and I ended up ankle deep in water. So, we had the night desk attendant move us to another room with a working drain. After moving all of our stuff to the new room, I pulled back the comforter on the bed, only to see the sheets and pillow cases covered in human and cat/dog hair. Not only was this really disgusting, but I have severe allergies. I sent my husband to the front desk again to get clean sheets, and when he got back he went to the bathroom only to discover the toilet didn't flush. At this point we gave up and prepared for a long, sleepless night. The next day we complained to the desk attendant, who assured us we would not be charged the full cost. The manager would take care of it when he came in Monday. However, they charged us fully anyways, and despite three calls, one of which was with the actual manager, I have gotten the run-around and the charge still stands as is. We are currently taking action through our credit card company to dispute it. DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Sarah W
Kathy B, Director of Sales at Blue Inn Winter Haven East - Dundee, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Hello, Sarah,
We are sorry that our hotel did not meet up to your expectations. Per our discussion Friday I assured you a refund had been processed. We work very hard to keep our rooms up to client standards and depend upon our clientele to let us know when we fail...or when we exceed. Please don't hesitate to contact me personally if your are back in this area and allow us the opportunity to win back your trust in our establishment.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Cape Coral, Florida
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Stayed night of 15 April, 2014. Found RRI VERY easy to find, very nice clerks...Tony and Ann.
Asked for ground floor (bad knees) and they accommodated with genuine pleasure. So nice to be greeted with smiles and attention. Asked later for dinner references and they conferred openly and suggested two.First was VERY busy ( had to have been a good choice) so oped for second which was exactly as described...perfect.
Again asked about breakfast and was directed to " The perfect breakfast." Left that day with a fantastic feeling that we had been treated royally. Oh yeah, room was spotless, very bright and exuded comfort. Very well run and maintained property...so much so that this is the first time I have ever been prompted to write a review of a property.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Kathy B, Director of Sales at Blue Inn Winter Haven East - Dundee, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor. We value our customer remarks and use them as a guide to better our property. With that in mind, we look forward to your return visit so that you may continue to see our improvements. Our next major step is the opening of our on property restaurant & Bar, The WildFire BarBQue & Grill. As always, our intent here is to offer a value friendly property exceeding expectations.
Wilmington, Massachusetts
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We chose Red Roof Inn Dundee because the convenient Location (near Legoland). We stayed 1 night the price is good, the room nice and clean. Despite the noisy air-conditioning and no refrigerator we are happy with the choice. We enjoyed the pool (pretty clean, just some bugs on surface) and price is good.

Room Tip: If you need it, ask for a room with refrigerator (only some of the rooms have it)
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Winter Haven, Florida
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I stayed 1 night on 4-2-14 the worse place ever I orderd a king got double beds. Turned on bathroom light and cockroaches all over. My dog found old milk duds in the floor. In the morning I went down for coffee (cuz there was no pot in the room) and I young man was there very nice and made me fresh coffee I went down for a 2 cup and he was gone a woman named phyliss was in there and told me to drink the decade which was cold as ice (yesterday's coffee) she refused to let me get a fresh cup from the room and insisted I put the cup in the garbage. I told her to keep her damn coffee I will go to mcdees. Then I was over charged for the room cuz I pd for a king and got a double. I will NEVER go back there

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank CR196
Kathy B, Director of Sales at Blue Inn Winter Haven East - Dundee, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
I am very sorry to hear of your experience. We pride ourselves on having Coffee & Tea in our lobby 24/7. Please call me direct at 863-438-2782.

Travellers are raving about these Dundee hotels

Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Looked good from the driveway but that's where it stopped. Shabby room. Fleas jumping around the bathroom. Noisey. TV service lame. Filters for coffee maker didn't fit the pot. Iron didn't work. Shower head at my shoulder height (and I'm 5'3"). Canceled the rest of my stay and moved to another chain. O and check in staff totally inexperienced! The bed was comfortable and clean. This places has a long way to go. I'd recommend moving on.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
I am very sorry your stay did not meet your expectations. That is a failure on our part that we take very seriously. We value our customer remarks and use them as a guide to better our property. We have been working dilegently on improvements. Our next major step is the opening of our on property restaurant & Bar, The WildFire BarBQue & Grill. As always, our intent here is to offer a value friendly property exceeding expectations. If you are in this area again, I do hope you will call me directly and let us try to restore your trust in our property.
Jackman, Maine
Reviewed 19 March 2014

We was given a price of 219 a week per room in person four weeks before the trip and called two weeks in advance to doubled checked on the weekly rate we was quoted a couple weeks before and the price was confirmed. So we scheduled three rooms for two weeks. When we arrived was told the price was no longer 219 a week but now 350 a week. Their reason was they are now red roof and they can not go by the price quoted. There was no towels or fridge in one of our rooms, no coffee maker in one of the other room. one of the safety latches locked us out of our room and got more help from other guest than the hotel workers. We stayed only the one night, They lost a guarantied three rooms for two weeks.We went north to the Stay plus four miles up Rte 27 in Haines City nicer rooms and very nice and helpful staff cost was 250 a week.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank mainerider2014
Kathy B, Director of Sales at Blue Inn Winter Haven East - Dundee, responded to this review, 5 April 2014
I am very sorry to hear about the issues you faced during your stay. This transition phase we have been going through has not been as smooth as we would have liked but the corner has now been turned. It appears the prices you were quoted were from the previous phase before the transistion took place. March is a very busy time of year in this area and is a high season for all hotels. Still, if I had been contacted I would have been happy to negotiate something fair to all.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dundee
LEGOLAND Florida Hotel
Hampton Inn Winter Haven
Hampton Inn Winter Haven
#2 of 16 in Winter Haven
Holiday Inn Express Lake Wales N - Winter Haven

Been to Blue Inn Winter Haven East - Dundee? Share your experiences!