“Decent Stay @ this Red Roof Inn!”

and 1 more site!
Blue Inn Winter Haven East - Dundee
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Dundee
Brunswick, Ga
“Decent Stay @ this Red Roof Inn!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

I stayed in this hotel while traveling the end of May and found it to be reasonably priced, clean and quiet. The front desk staff was nice, and overall my stay was great! I love that this hotel chain allows dogs without a stupid fee, so I'll always seek them out! They are reasonably priced, and Ive never had any problems to really complain about from staying in one. They are in the process of remodling, so I think the restaurant was closed.

Room Tip: I always try to get a non smoking bottom floor 2 queen bed room...just my preference!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Kathy B, Director of Sales at Blue Inn Winter Haven East - Dundee, responded to this review, 4 June 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
North Fort Myers, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

This Is A very Nice Hotel. The Restaurant Was Being Repaired And Is Not Open. The Pool is Awesome. They Offer Brighthouse Cable with Over 50 Channels Of TV. The Hotel Recd a LOWER rating Then The Sister Property In Kissimmee,Which I Stayed at as Well and Am Reviewing. The Fact That This Hotel Has a Lower Rating Is an Injustice. The Staff are Wonderful. (The Kissimmee Staff was Horrible!) Both Ahmed And Phyllis The FD Clerks were Awesome. The Ice Machines Were out, but they promptly filled up my ice,provided coffee and tea 24/7 in the lobby,which is lovely decorated and the room was awesome with an ice cold a/c,fridge and micro,nice furnishings,comfy beds. The hotel also has a laundromat to do your laundry. This is only 35min from disney and if u wanna go to legoland,it's only 5 min from there,personally it's a better hotel then the red roof kissimmee,u can't beat the location of the kissimmee propert,but if u wanna stay in a nice quiet hotel,and make a lil xtra drive to the parks the rr dundee is a vg choice.

Room Tip: rooms in rear,has area to walk your dog.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Tarpon Springs, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Red Roof is a quality, affordable and pet friendly hotel. They have taken a very run down hotel and turned it around. It is a much needed hotel on highway 27 in the central Florida. I was satisfied with my stay there over Memorial weekend.

• Stayed May 2014
Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor. We value our customer remarks and use them as a guide to better our property. With that in mind, we look forward to your return visit so that you may continue to see our improvements. Our next major step is the opening of our on property restaurant & Bar, The WildFire BarBQue & Grill. We are also planning a Dog Park on the property to better service our clients who travel with all of their 'family' members.
Gainesville, Florida, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

My husband and I rented a room at this Red Roof Inn last minute, because everything but the Hilton in Lake Wales was booked. The first room we were put in seemed relatively tidy, but when I took a shower, it did not drain at all, and I ended up ankle deep in water. So, we had the night desk attendant move us to another room with a working drain. After moving all of our stuff to the new room, I pulled back the comforter on the bed, only to see the sheets and pillow cases covered in human and cat/dog hair. Not only was this really disgusting, but I have severe allergies. I sent my husband to the front desk again to get clean sheets, and when he got back he went to the bathroom only to discover the toilet didn't flush. At this point we gave up and prepared for a long, sleepless night. The next day we complained to the desk attendant, who assured us we would not be charged the full cost. The manager would take care of it when he came in Monday. However, they charged us fully anyways, and despite three calls, one of which was with the actual manager, I have gotten the run-around and the charge still stands as is. We are currently taking action through our credit card company to dispute it. DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Sarah W
Kathy B, Director of Sales at Blue Inn Winter Haven East - Dundee, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Hello, Sarah,
We are sorry that our hotel did not meet up to your expectations. Per our discussion Friday I assured you a refund had been processed. We work very hard to keep our rooms up to client standards and depend upon our clientele to let us know when we fail...or when we exceed. Please don't hesitate to contact me personally if your are back in this area and allow us the opportunity to win back your trust in our establishment.

Travellers are raving about these Dundee hotels

Cape Coral, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

Stayed night of 15 April, 2014. Found RRI VERY easy to find, very nice clerks...Tony and Ann.
Asked for ground floor (bad knees) and they accommodated with genuine pleasure. So nice to be greeted with smiles and attention. Asked later for dinner references and they conferred openly and suggested two.First was VERY busy ( had to have been a good choice) so oped for second which was exactly as described...perfect.
Again asked about breakfast and was directed to " The perfect breakfast." Left that day with a fantastic feeling that we had been treated royally. Oh yeah, room was spotless, very bright and exuded comfort. Very well run and maintained property...so much so that this is the first time I have ever been prompted to write a review of a property.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor. We value our customer remarks and use them as a guide to better our property. With that in mind, we look forward to your return visit so that you may continue to see our improvements. Our next major step is the opening of our on property restaurant & Bar, The WildFire BarBQue & Grill. As always, our intent here is to offer a value friendly property exceeding expectations.
Wilmington, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

We chose Red Roof Inn Dundee because the convenient Location (near Legoland). We stayed 1 night the price is good, the room nice and clean. Despite the noisy air-conditioning and no refrigerator we are happy with the choice. We enjoyed the pool (pretty clean, just some bugs on surface) and price is good.

Room Tip: If you need it, ask for a room with refrigerator (only some of the rooms have it)
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Winter Haven, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

I stayed 1 night on 4-2-14 the worse place ever I orderd a king got double beds. Turned on bathroom light and cockroaches all over. My dog found old milk duds in the floor. In the morning I went down for coffee (cuz there was no pot in the room) and I young man was there very nice and made me fresh coffee I went down for a 2 cup and he was gone a woman named phyliss was in there and told me to drink the decade which was cold as ice (yesterday's coffee) she refused to let me get a fresh cup from the room and insisted I put the cup in the garbage. I told her to keep her damn coffee I will go to mcdees. Then I was over charged for the room cuz I pd for a king and got a double. I will NEVER go back there

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank CR196
Kathy B, Director of Sales at Blue Inn Winter Haven East - Dundee, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
I am very sorry to hear of your experience. We pride ourselves on having Coffee & Tea in our lobby 24/7. Please call me direct at 863-438-2782.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dundee
LEGOLAND Florida Hotel
Hampton Inn Winter Haven
Hampton Inn Winter Haven
#2 of 16 in Winter Haven
Holiday Inn Express Lake Wales N - Winter Haven

Been to Blue Inn Winter Haven East - Dundee? Share your experiences!