“Enjoyable vacation”

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Dunedin
daytona beach florida
“Enjoyable vacation”
Reviewed 29 September 2010

We were very pleased with our vacation. Beautiful view, nice place, staff courteous and most accomodating.

Would recommend and go again.

Carla

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank carlarich

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Maple Shade, New Jersey
Reviewed 20 August 2010

I visited Beso Del Sol in end of May 2009 with my son. Selected location off of vrbo.com because I liked the photos and description said the room held 4 people even though there was only myself & adult son. The room was DIRTY, the fold out sofa bed was broken, the bed cover was nasty and the room was extremely small. The few pots & pans for cooking were in terrible shape, plus be prepared to buy paper plates because there was maybe one or two dishes. I come every year to visit family in Dunedin, and would NEVER stay at this location again. The tiki bar had loud music which played into the night so forget about going to bed early or enjoying a peaceful sunset out on the balconey. I had to hang a beach towel over the entrance door because you do not have any privacy from people walking by your room. The owner of this unit is getting ripped off royally by the cleaning company and it was not worth the $ I paid for my stay & owner needs to try sleeping on the broken sofa beach-she will see the room needs a new one or should at least post a sign for guests to find the nearest chiropractor. The staff in the main office are not friendly either. There are too many nice places to stay in the the Dunedin area--so my advise to you is to spend your time and hard earned money elsewhere. This year I tried Dunedin Cottages & what a refreshing difference!! & it's just down the road.......

• Stayed May 2009
2 Thank FLBeachBumEveryMay
Chillicothe, Ohio
Reviewed 27 July 2010

We booked our stay with our vacation club and after researching this resort believed we would be staying at a high end resort on a marina.(as the resort website showed) After arriving to a filthy room ,we were moved to a room that was at least clean. the room itself was very well decorated but the exterior had alot to be desired. The Marina was a swamp with trash lying in it, and the pier had a sign "enter at your own risk" the reason?? After the first few feet you were walking the plank. No railing on either side.

We were very ahocked and disgusted to find out that if you belong to a vacation club the roomservice was totally diffrent from the "guests". If we wanted clean towels we had to go down 4 floors walk across a parking lot and then go up 3 floors to pay to wash the resort towels..Not my idea of vacationing..
When we go on vacation we don't tend to spend time in the room we want the beach. We paid each day to go to honeymoon island which is very nice but inconvenient with small children.
I would not suggest anyone who is a vacation club member go to this resort unless you want to go to a nasty laundry room so that you can have fresh towels each day, and buy your own toilet paper (since they only supply one roll) very disappointing is all i can say about Beso del Sol. I really felt like we were mistreated for buying into a vacation club. I would have rather stayed at a hotel, atleast I don't have to spend part of each day washing towels or going to the store to buy TP.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank JANDK0100
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed 20 July 2010

This was truly one of the best vacations I have had in the states. Dunedin is beautiful, quite, but with a little hint of nightlife, enough to keep me satisfied. As far as convience everything is within bike riding distance. Only minutes in a car. Golf course right down the street, an arcade across the street that the kids loved, pretty good food there as well. But I cant say enough about the Beso Del Sol staff and resort right, of the water a very beautiful area with several islands close to kayak. Never had a staff member anywhere go home as he as getting off and bring me his set of golf clubs so I could go 18 holes on a beautiful course. Once back home friends and colleagues asked how my trip was usually the common response would be not bad had a real good time. But this time I cant help myself in ellaborating on my trip. Once again thank you to the staff of Beso del Sol, I will be back.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank ubay111
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 16 July 2010

My hubby and I stayed here twice. These efficiencies have no storage so be prepared to spend the time inside the room with a pile of your stuff. Closets, if present, are small. There is no housekeeping amenities if you book via VBRO or the owner directly. But the rates are cheaper. The efficiency rooms are small. Recommend for couples only. The tiki area is a contracted service so be prepared for the locals to hang out and drink and swim. The bands can get loud but end around 9:30pm or so. The second condo we rented was above the pool bathrooms so the view was good but the smell wasn't. These are in a great location however if you are looking to do something in Clearwater, Dunedin or Palm Harbor.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 57Lulu
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 2 June 2010

This hotel is in a great location & has been completely renovated. We found it easily & check in went smoothly. The room was clean, but small & the bath had 2 towels, a tiny bar of soap & shampoo. It came with a nice mini kitchen, coffee maker, toaster, half sized fridge & microwave. The tv was a large flat screen & it also had a dvd player & comfy chair.

However, fancy on the outside is just that. It's like they tried to put 2010 parts on a 1950's mustang...it just doesn't work.

In the bath, we discovered our towel bar was put on backward & kept falling down. There's no exhaust fan in the bathrooms, which makes them hot & humid in the spring & summertime. It was like a sauna in there. Not to mention, the bathrooms face the hallways & are quite noisy. The shower is very narrow & totally dark (no light at all) - so be careful not to slip.

There's no real closet & very little room to walk around. The only ice machine is on the bottom floor by the noisy tiki bar, yet we were provided no ice bins to collect ice. When we inquired at the front desk, we were told to use a cooking pot to collect the ice. Uh...ok. We were also told no when we requested one extra pillow. They are not very accommodating.

The front doors to each room, while fancy, were mottled glass & provided zero privacy & quite a bit of unwanted light that couldn't be covered up. The tiki bar music was quite loud. I wouldn't recommend this place for children or traveling families. It is clearly a singles meet & greet & all about the alcohol.

The staff leaves at 5pm & doesn't come back until morning, leaving you unsafe & also allowing guests to be as loud as they wish with no repercussions. We had a huge noisy party above us for two nights! Chairs scraping overhead, music, loud hallway. Didn't lend for much sleep.

The pool area was beautiful, facing the ocean & allowed for nice sunsets. See the photos attached to this review. I must say though, we stayed over Memorial Day weekend & after 3 days, the pool was murky & gross. And rather than add chemicals to it at night when it was closed, they chose to do it in the mornings WHILE PEOPLE WE SWIMMING. Not very safe.

Overall, if you are looking for a quick night's stay, then this will do nicely. If you want a romantic getaway or a family trip, quiet pool & an air conditioned bathroom, go elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Onyxgal
Florence, KY
Reviewed 25 May 2010

My husband, myself and 20 year old son stayed at Beso Del Sol from May 8 - May 14, 2010. I agree with a lot of the positive reviews of this resort but I also had a few problems that downgraded my review from excellent.

I was very pleased that the office was open from 8 am to 11pm. I think it is important to have staff on site to answer questions and concerns. The staff was helpful in recommending a fishing boat company (in Tarpon Springs) and answering other questions we had. There was apparently a disconnect with the day maintenance man though, as we tried to get burned out light bulbs and a non functioning alarm radio replaced the whole week. Finally we were able to get the night maintenance man to replace the lights at the end of the week.

We loved the free bikes, which by the way were single speed bikes in very good condition and spent a lot of time biking the Pineallas trail and around Dunedin.

How you like your room will depend on what you got. Apparently from other reviews, the 2 bedroom units are pretty spacious, but we had a 1 bedroom unit and it was small. As a matter of fact, it was the smallest 1 bedroom unit we have ever stayed in. The kitchen was ok with a nearly full size refrigerator/freezer and a 2 burner stove top and microwave. But there was only one sink and very minimal counter space, so preparing food and cleaning up was a little challenging. The kitchen table was a high glass topped table with 2 chairs, so meals together for the 3 of us were hard. Besides the high kitchen chairs, there was only a couch to sit on in the combo living room/kitchen. In the bedroom there was a double bed that I did not find comfortable and as someone else remarked it has a tendency to squeak when you moved. We were in unit 311 and did not have a view of the water but just the neighboring private property.

The wifi was iffy in our unit as others have said and you either had to be on the balcony or next to the front door for it to work. Our unit was clean and they will change out your sheets and towels mid week.

We enjoyed the Tiki Bar which had live entertainment Thursday through Sunday but I did see a notice in the elevator that the resort was canceling their lease, so I don't know what was up with that. To us it was a very nice addition to the patio with the 2 pools and hot tub overlooking the sound.

Dunedin is a great area and I would like to return and I would stay at Beso del Sol again but if there was more than 2 of us, I would stay in a 2 bedroom unit.

• Stayed May 2010
1 Thank lastmanager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunedin
Best Western Plus Yacht Harbor Inn
Palm Court Motel
Palm Court Motel
#1 of 8 in Dunedin
Coconut Villas of Dunedin

Been to Beso Del Sol Resort? Share your experiences!