“It's Beautiful”

2 Hour Jet Ski Tour of Honeymoon and Caladesi Island
Ranked #1 of 39 things to do in Dunedin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: One of Florida's few remaining undisturbed barrier islands.
Holiday, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“It's Beautiful”
Reviewed 27 July 2010

The Island is Beautiful. Parking fee is $8.00 and if you go to Caladesi Island it's another 10.00. Thast for just one adult. I FIND IT VERY EXPENSIVE. We live here year round and it get get very costly. They should definately re adjust their fees. Especially if you take the ferry.

Kathy

1 Thank kschofield

• Polish first
Ann Arbor, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“I have some recommendations......”
Reviewed 10 June 2010

I recently reviewedf Honeymoon Island and it's beaches. I would also like to additionally comment on the entrance fee to the park via car, PLUS an additional fee that is charged to go over to Caladesi Island State Park. I have taken this trip several times. The boat ride is fun but once you get off the boat, it is a walk and a half to get to the beach itself. I believe, for all the charges involved, that there should be shuttles to help people to navigate, with all their belongings to the beach. I also suggest that there should be a separate entrance to go to Caladesi and not having to go through the main gate and double pay. ( Either One fee for Caladesi alone, and one fee for entrance to Honeymoom Island Park and beach.) I also recommend, as I agree with another reviewer... that there should be a 6 month pass, half the price of the yearly entry price. If all of these recommendations were considered and added, it would be 'THE PARADISE" it professes to be.
F. Koehler
Ann Arbor, Mi

2 Thank Magnific0
Dublin, Ireland
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Beautiful Beach and park”
Reviewed 29 May 2010

Went to Caladesi on the back of review here and was not disappointed. there is a ferry that that goes to the island every half hour. you normally stay there for about 4 hours. We had originally planned to Kayak there but the water was a little choppy that day. when we arrived at the pontoon on caladesi there was a Manatee cruising around which was brilliant to see. they are not normally there but they are about. Rattle snakes are indiginous to the island but I never came across one. you can rent umbrellas and sun loungers on the island.
i would recommend going here. there is a cafe on the island but its mostly gresy food

2 Thank gclancy
Texas
181 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 182 helpful votes
“Caladesi Island State Park in Fl.”
Reviewed 23 May 2010

I was disappointed when I saw it May 2010. The island crossing is too expensive. Instead, stay at Honeymoon Island State Park.

Roanoke
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Great Beach”
Reviewed 19 April 2010

We did not want to be limited by the 4 hour time limit imposed by the ferry, so we walked from the northern portion of Clearwater Beach. It took about an hour but it was so much fun walking on the beach and having it all to ourselves! We carried a bag with towels and beach stuff and bough lunch on the island. It was an easy walk. The ferry would have cost $40 or so, but wee paid $45 for lunch as the shack. We looked for critters, but did not see any, even on the trails. It was still worth it.

2 Thank MarkA40