“Excellent location!”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Chris M
Peterborough, New Hampshire
“Excellent location!”
Reviewed 24 March 2018 for a stay in March 2018
person found this review helpful

I’ve stayed here for three years in a row during March. The location is 3 miles away from downtown Dunedin and right on the Causeway. Easy walk to a great breakfast joint and a fun restaurant for lunch or dinner. The sunsets are lovely from here and this place attracts a nice group of friendly people- most of whom stay for a month or two.

The property itself is under new ownership and we are hoping for improvements for next season. I notice the new ad says sleeps 6, because the future plan is to put in a sleep sofa. That said, we knew no one who had a sleep sofa in their unit as of this writing. The bathroom is very small and the dining table is for 4. I can’t imagine having six people in this condo. Just sayin’.

Many of us go to the local thrift shop when we arrive to purchase kitchen items during our stay. All of the pots, pans, utensils, etc have seen better days. The pool chairs are all broken, but the new mgmt promises they will be repaired. All units have new mattresses and pillows- woo hoo!

I wouldn’t call this a luxury resort by any standard. There is no staff on site when things break or if you need help, but someone will come eventually. If you are a “clean freak” as I am, be prepared to clean up where the cleaning person left off.

Still, the location is terrific and I am quite fond of Coconut Villas now that my expectations are re-set.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
No pets
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing