“Great sushi”

Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Thai, Japanese
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Authentic Thai food all ingredients are freshly picked. No MSG used in our cooking. Come and taste the difference.
Martinsburg
“Great sushi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

This was a wonderful sushi restaurant. Clean... comfortable. The staff was very pleasant, and helpful..giving several ideas for their most popular sushi rolls. The food was delicious and they served fairly quickly. Would highly recommend!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Tina R

Clearwater, Florida
“Disappointed after reading all the favorable reviews on TripAdvisor.com”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2013

Tom Yum Thai & Sushi Restaurant
104 Patricia Ave, Dunedin, FL 34698

On December 12, 2013 after reading Tom Yum Thai & Sushi Restaurant's ad and reading the numerous reviews on tripadvisor.com we decided to try Tom Yum Thai.

I ordered Drunken Noodle with Shrimp and my wife ordered Thai Fried Rice with meat. The Thai Fried Rice was very bland, nothing like what we had experienced during eleven days in Bangkok; and the Drunken Noodle with Shrimp also lacked big time in flavor. The atmosphere for the most part was plain other than for the entry where there were a few Thai decorations. The service was ok.

After having read the numerous favorable reviews on tripadvisors.com., We expected so much more! The meal was very disappointing!

An average rating is the very best we could rate this restaurant.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Sailorwoman
Dunedin, Florida
“YUM”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

I ordered take out from this restaurant for 'damned if I'm cooking!' night earlier this week.

With most sushi restaurants my go-to's are Crag Rangoon, Spicy Salmon and Spider rolls. Here, I also got the Green Papaya Salad.

The Crab Rangoon was probably my least favorite that I've ever had. Anywhere. Sad face. Whatever was inside was actually a yellow, saffron-ish color. So. . . yeah, I only ate one of those.

Everything else, however, was AWESOME. The Green Papaya salad only had two shrimp on it, I honestly could have done with none, it was that yummy. The sushi rolls were pretty good. Really can;t say much more about them.

I would do a 3.5 star because the Crab Rangoon made me so sad. But I will definitely be ordering sushi from them again. (For Thai, go to Thai Town).

• Visited November 2013
Palm Harbor, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My new Thai place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

My wife and I were looking for a new restaurant to add to the rotation, and this place came highly recommended from a bunch of my friends. I had the Pad Thai, and my wife had a couple of sushi rolls. The Pad Thai was awesome, lots of chicken and large tail-on shrimps. The sushi rolls were large and my wife thoroughly love them. We've decided that when we go for Thai, this is where we are going to go.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Mut1ny
Twin Mountain, New Hampshire
“One of my favorite places!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

My fiancée and I LOVE Tom Yum Thai. The service is always quick and friendly, the booths are comfy, they have great jasmine tea, and the food is awesome. My fiancée has tried the pad thai, the "amazing" (a peanut dish), and even the fried rice with squid. I love their veggie fried rice with tofu so much that I get it every time we go. It's so good I can't bring myself to get anything else. They also have an extensive sushi selection, and a friend says their curries and "tornado tofu" are very good. The prices are also very reasonable. If you go for lunch, you get soup and salad, which are yummy, but I've found that if you do go for lunch rather than dinner, the portions are a bit smaller to compensate for the included soup and salad, so keep that in mind. Overall, if you're in the area, I highly recommend Tom Yum Thai. Vegan/vegetarian-friendly!

• Visited June 2013