“continue to go downhill”

Tom Yum Thai and Sushi
Ranked #40 of 170 Restaurants in Dunedin
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Thai, Japanese
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Authentic Thai food all ingredients are freshly picked. No MSG used in our cooking. Come and taste the difference.
“continue to go downhill”
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

this place is right around the corner from noir house in dunedin. we come here at least once a month from our home in the north, sometimes for a couple of weeks, and sometimes just for a long weekend. I used to make a point to dine there at least once during my stay, and I had been doing that for all four years since we bought the house. my last visit there was right before the new year, on my birthday. my best friends came all the way from SF, and they and my husband wanted to treat me at some fancy French place, but I was hungry for Thai, so we went there. I had Thai all over the world, from all major cities in the US to Paris to Bangkok, the food we got at this time qualified as one of the worst. it was bland, poorly prepared. being Asian and a cook of stir fry myself, I can tell that everything was made "in a rush" even though the restaurant was not busy at all - so it was really just without care. since I have been going there for four years, I can say the quality of their food has been going downhill consistently. if they cannot even get fried rice right in an Asian place, I don't know what else they can. irony is that there are SO many Thai places in dunedin and this one is not even cheap, I don't know why people still go there. easy money definitely breeds complacency! we are not going back there ever again.

• Visited December 2013

Syracuse, NY
“Good Food for a Great Price”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I visited this restaurant with a family member who lives in Dunedin. What a treat! We both had a vegetable pad thai which was loaded with fresh veggies. Much to my surprise, this lunch portion also came with a rice soup and a small salad. An amazing deal for only $7.95. The food was very good and the service was both efficient and friendly. Definitely recommend!

• Visited March 2014
Dunedin, Florida
“a little hard to find”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Its not downtown but its not far. For a real taste of Thai its worth looking for. Some of the best crispy duck Ive ever had. Fresh sushi and the best of imported thai beers.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank fkr75669
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Hidden gem in Dunedin”
Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

We have a local friend and asked if she had tried this place yet... She hadn't, but had heard good things from some other friends. We decided we would give it a shot. Small place with a typical strip mall exterior... Quaint interior with some very friendly staff. Our sushi was top notch and a friend's drunken noodles were fantastic. When we come back, we'll definitely add this to our list of places to go back to and let our local friend know that she should definitely check this place out!

1 Thank MeraKi25
Martinsburg
“Great sushi”
Reviewed 30 January 2014

This was a wonderful sushi restaurant. Clean... comfortable. The staff was very pleasant, and helpful..giving several ideas for their most popular sushi rolls. The food was delicious and they served fairly quickly. Would highly recommend!

Visited January 2014