Our stay, with 2 couples was in March 2014 for 1 week. Overall we recommend the accommodations and would likely return, but with only a small effort the place could be so much better. The location is one of the high points - on the water and convenient access to Honeymoon Island's beaches and Dunedin.. The unit we had was pleasingly decorated and clean. Although we did not plan to watch a lot of TV, we thought it time to send the current TV to the electronics recycling depot and spend a few bucks to acquire a unit built in the current millennium. Everything else in our unit worked well, but a few details could be improved. The toilet paper was so thin it was laughable and it would have been nice to have more than one dish towel. Minor details, but indicative of very good, but not excellent rating. Also the locks and/or keys really did not work well. When one of our party attempted entry to the main door, the lock could not be opened with the key after several minutes of trying. A few good rattles on the patio door at the other side of the unit solved the problem. The glass door slid open even though it had been locked from the inside. Time to improve the security.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- These 2 bedroom and 1 bath Suites/Villas are overlooking Honeymoon Island, St. Joseph Sound, and the Gulf of Mexico in Dunedin, Florida. Each condo includes a private patio or balcony. The Suites feature 875 square feet, granite counter tops with full size kitchens and ceiling fans throughout. Most of the condos have 2 queen size beds and a sofa sleeper. We do have othersuites with different sleeping arrangements. Please inquire about them. Coconut Villas is just minutes away from the charming downtown Dunedin. There are many unique shops and restaurants to visit. Dunedin also has a marina with a fishing pier. The Pinellas Trail is close by and is great for bike riding, roller blading, or walking. These suites are just minutes away from Honeymoon Island and Caladesi State Park. You can take the ferry from Honeymoon Island to Caladesi Island. Caladesi Island was voted as America's best beach by Dr. Beach!There are two pools and 4 tiki huts to relax with a tropical paradise setting. One of the pools is heated during winter season. Enjoy breathtaking open water views and sunsets. You can also enjoy the dolphin and manatee shows right at your back sliding doors. Coconut Villas is a fisherman's paradise! Fishing Charters and Boat Rentals are available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK) and Evoline ltd so you can book your Coconut Villas of Dunedin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Villas Of Dunedin Hotel Dunedin
- Coconut Villas Of Dunedin Florida