“Great hotel, great value”

Holiday Inn Express Clearwater North/Dunedin
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Dunedin
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I highly recommend this hotel. It was very clean, the employees were nice and helpful, the free hot breakfast is great and the pool is nice. Also a quick walk away from downtown Dunedin. If I had to come up with one criticism it would be that the water pressure in the shower is very low, but that may not be something the hotel can fix.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Andi H
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Clearwater North/Dunedin

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We used the Holiday Inn Express most recently for all our guests to stay for our wedding. They were fantastic, the hotel is always clean and the staff are wonderful. We have also had friends and family stay here in years past. Their conference room is very nice as well, I have used it for a baby shower and also a getting ready room for my sisters wedding. The location can't be beat as it's within walking distance to Downtown Dunedin and the water.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank hbclwr
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I choose the hotel primarily for it's location near Clearwater, though found it to be an unexpected retreat for myself. Walking distance to Dunedin's Main Street and to the pier by the water . If your into biking or simply want to take a walk or run the Pinellas Trail is right behind the hotel. Currently they have something called Sunsets in the Summer, just a few minutes walk from the hotel. Live music as you watch the sun setting. I enjoyed the location being a short drive to the beautiful Clearwater Beaches. Simply knowing you can go out to the beach and then a few minutes drive be back at your hotel was wonderful. Great fishing minutes away from the hotel over at Dunedin's Causeway, where you can also find rentals for jet-ski and kayaks. The hotel's lobby is wonderful, the sitting area couches) welcomes guest to a relaxing area to visit with friends.The breakfast is what you will typically find at every Holiday Inn Express, though the Kitchen staff is terrific and this make a difference always. Due to it's location, I expected that I would have a noisier hotel, though came to find that it was just the opposite. I had an adjoining room (309), though never heard any noise from next door. Housekeeping was awesome, the room was impeccable. I'm a women, so restrooms do impress me, sadly this one did not. Though it was CLEAN!. I didn't take a dip in either, but there is a Jacuzzi and Pool outdoors. I will keep this hotel in mind for future visits, again it is very accessible to many places and most importantly the beach.

Room Tip: 309, window overlooks the left corner of the pool area. It did the job for my visit, though I wouldn...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank JustATexanGal
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Our family of four stayed two nights. Very convenient location...close to downtown shops and restaurants. You can walk or drive, parking was never an issue for us. Honeymoon Island is not too far by car. Our room had two queen beds, comfy pillows, nice bathroom, huge tv, and very clean. We did not use the pool, but it looked very nice. The breakfast had a huge selection. The only cons I can think of...our room's view was of the trash container out back, the room had a strong smell (like air freshener or something) and the room was a little on the small side for our family. Other than that, we had a great stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We stayed here this past weekend for one night. We live about an hour away and were attending a local event at Dunedin Brewery and wanted to crash for the night.
The hotel was very clean, the rooms were stylish, and the bed & pillows were very comfy. At least I thought it was very comfy. It was a little on the soft side for my boyfriend.
We were in Room 121 which faced the pool out back, had the fitness room next door, and the business center across the hall. I thought it might be loud, but it was fairly quiet.. except for a few times I heard neighboring rooms let their doors slam shut.
We checked out their breakfast and were pleasantly surprised. They even had cinnamon buns, donuts, fixings for sausage, bacon, egg muffins.
Check in and out was super easy.
The hotel is located right next to downtown Dunedin and had many restaurants in walking distance. I recommend Dunedin Brewery, Pensare's Italian restaurant and The Living Room for brunch. Additionally, the Pinellas Trail (county wide bike trail) runs directly behind the hotel.
Overall, very pleased.
My only "issue" which I wouldn't even call it that, was in the bathroom. They used an ikea metal rod shelf to hold the folded towels, but there was no rail to hang your used towels from. I think the idea was to 'drap' your towel through the ikea shelf, however, that would've been tight getting between the rails, and it would also mean the towel would've been hanging out at the end of the shelf, directly hanging over the toilet. The only place in the bathroom to hang it was off the two hooks on the back of the door.
Ideally, I'd probably give the hotel 4 1/2 stars, but since Tripadvisor doesn't offer that option-- I guess I'll round up and give them 5.
:-)

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank hollyNhollywood
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Spent 1 night. Tony was a great help. Pointed out the 3 pubs we wanted to try and helped with Taxi. The room was excellent. The shower wonderful. Breakfast hot and lots of selection. Can't wait to return.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kim S
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This hotel looks brand new. The location was convenient to Honeymoon Island. The rooms were very clean. We stayed in a room on the pool side of the hotel. It was very quiet on that side of the hotel. The front facing rooms face a busy road and might not be as quiet.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MiTriGuy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunedin
Best Western Plus Yacht Harbor Inn
Palm Court Motel
Palm Court Motel
#1 of 8 in Dunedin
Coconut Villas of Dunedin

Been to Holiday Inn Express Clearwater North/Dunedin? Share your experiences!