“CLEAN & COMFY BUT BE CAREFUL IF YOU NEED HANDICAP”

Holiday Inn Express Clearwater North/Dunedin
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Dunedin
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The Holiday Inn was clean, décor was appealing, beautiful pool and the room was very nice. The bed was very comfortable. I had requested a handicap room was especially looking for a walkin shower but was told that none were available but they did have a handicap room which the room was larger to accommodate a wheelchair getting around and that the tub did have a seat. The concern came when I tried to get into the tub with my extremely bad leg. They failed to mention that because the tub had a built in bench the tub walls were considerably higher than a regular tub so you really had to climb into the tub. It did have all the removable shower head hoses to wash yourself if you needed to be seated or someone needed to help you but getting in and out was very hard. Besides that comment I felt the registration desk team could not of been friendlier and I would stay there again. I should have asked more questions being that I know I have specific needs and will do so in the future. The location is great and there is free parking and wifi. Plenty of restaurants near the hotel to eat. The price was fair. Enjoyed our stay and we will rebook when in the area.

Room Tip: as previously stated if you need a handicap room be specific what your handicap needs are......
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Nancy M

Reviewed 11 July 2014

This was excellent value. Free parking and wifi is always a bonus. It is a modern, clean hotel with excellent service. My room was upgraded to a suite which was great.
It is in a great area and within walking distance. I will be back

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank frankfurness
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My husband's company is scheduled to have a meeting at a nearby resort however we decided to come a few days early. We weren't sure about the location or the property since this is our first trip to the Dunedin/Clearwater Beach area. We were quite surprised and very pleased. We have decided to stay here on the last leg of our trip back home.

Location: Easy to find location on FL-580 and Broadway.

Check-in: We arrived before check-in time however they had a room ready for us. The check-in experience was very quick and the staff made sure we were aware of each hotel amenity available.

Amenities: Wi-Fi, parking and breakfast are complimentary. A nice touch is the hotel laundry. I don't know about you but I hate coming off a fabulous vacation only to do a ton of laundry:)

Staff: Excellent, warm, friendly and helpful staff. During our stay we encountered 4 different staff members and each one possessed the same qualities. What a refreshing experience!

Room: Nice comfortable size and very clean. A dorm size refrigerator with coffee maker. A microwave would have been nice but definitely not a deal breaker. The linens and pillows are comfortable. At times I have stayed in hotels (even *** star) and the linens were rough and pillows not comfortable. This is not the case here. I do not always sleep well away from home, but slept great here.

Breakfast: Breakfast area size is fine with a good selection of food both hot and cold. The area was well-attended. Why go out when it is included?

Pool: A nice outdoor pool area that was very clean, well maintained, free of trash and relaxing.

Nearby: A very easy 4 minute walk to a charming Main Street and downtown location filled with specialty shops, restaurants, bars and pubs, art galleries, and antique stores. A beautiful view of the water and pier is nearby as well. The stadium for the Blue Jays spring training and games is only 5 minutes away by car.

Beaches: Honeymoon Island State Park (10 mins) and Caladesi Island State Park (20 mins)

Overall Summary: Our expectations were not met...they were exceeded! We will definitely come back to this hotel. It is quite affordable, great service, great location and wonderful atmosphere. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank lovetravelwithhubby
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We always were in another hotel in Dunedin, FL for 3 years, but now the price went very high, 550 per night and I started to look for another hotel. When we went to Holiday Inn, we now will tell all our friends to go to that hotel: great location, very clean, very comfortable bad, free breakfast in that hotel is the best and very friendly people:) The only thing I wish they will change - to be friendly for dogs! My dog will love that hotel:)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Nadia S
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Very accommodating in reservations. Clean room, small pool, close to downtown. We turned a bad situation into a little get away! This hotel is right off the trail and walking distance to downtown! Everything was clean and adequate. Breakfast was fine for free! No surprises!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank reddskyy
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I highly recommend this hotel. It was very clean, the employees were nice and helpful, the free hot breakfast is great and the pool is nice. Also a quick walk away from downtown Dunedin. If I had to come up with one criticism it would be that the water pressure in the shower is very low, but that may not be something the hotel can fix.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Andi H
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We used the Holiday Inn Express most recently for all our guests to stay for our wedding. They were fantastic, the hotel is always clean and the staff are wonderful. We have also had friends and family stay here in years past. Their conference room is very nice as well, I have used it for a baby shower and also a getting ready room for my sisters wedding. The location can't be beat as it's within walking distance to Downtown Dunedin and the water.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank hbclwr
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunedin
Best Western Plus Yacht Harbor Inn
Sandpearl Resort
Sandpearl Resort
#7 of 98 in Clearwater
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Clearwater Beach

Been to Holiday Inn Express Clearwater North/Dunedin? Share your experiences!