“First time customer”
Review of bistro ATLANTIS - CLOSED

bistro ATLANTIS
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: In Guy Plaza next to Karnation Korner on North side of 580 (Main St) between Pinehurst and Patricia. The restaurant faces side street. Extra parking on North side, behind building.
Reviewed 29 October 2013

This restaurant has been in biz since 8/2012 and we never heard of it. Was told to go on a Monday for Mussel Monday. Was truly surprised when we arrived to find such a classy place in a small strip mall. Table cloths and cloth napkins and fancy. We ordered 1lb of mussels done with garlic, oil and whatever else they put in. WONDERFUL. Nice fresh mussels and the dippable liquid was so tasty with the provided bread. I ordered angel hair pasta with shrimp, chopped tomatoes and feta cheese. My date ordered a portabella mushroom done with shrimp and seasonings. Also WONDERFUL. Nice wine list and the service was excellent considering they only had one waitress on duty. Business was somewhat brisk for a Monday but she (April) handled the crown very well. The cook (Leeanna) worked alone and also managed very well. Food was cooked to perfection. Despite the fact that the cook was a Boston Red Sox fan we found out later that she was the owner of this establishment. We'll be back !!!

Reviewed 24 October 2013

SInce Leana has taken over in 2012 this has been a consistently excellent dining experience! The cooking is done right in view and each meal prepared to order. On Mondays they have a mussel special in half a dozen styles. The Thai and Greek Saganaki styles are my two favorites, but come and discover your own. BEST mussels I have ever had! Menu is Greek influenced and well to find fresher or better quality ingredients. Excellent deserts, wine and a small but very comfortable setting.

Reviewed 29 June 2013

The food is always prepared freshly, with interesting specials. The entertainment isn't overpowering. The prices are very reasonable, the atmosphere inviting.

1  Thank kleektours
Reviewed 27 May 2013

I have been to "the Bistro" twice in 2013. Being from out of town/country it's difficult to go more times but I am writing this review rather late because I just read the last few reviews here on TA.

The new owners of this restaurant are doing a fantastic job in both creativity and enhancing the dining experience. In both dates where we went with six people, we all came away with raving reviews on the meal experience. Highlights have been on the old meal menu including the vegetation meal variety, the lobster bisque ... best in the Tampa area ... and on the desserts ... mmmmm

I was mildly frustrated at our last meal with spotty service but after talking to Dawn, one of the co-owners, I realized that this was a staff issue that was being dealt with efficiently and only enhanced our admiration for the establishment.

Like I read in one of the former reviews, if the Bistro was in a waterfront location, there would be lineups out the door every evening because the food is amazing ... However, locals have the benefit of having it in the "hood" and it should not be overlooked.

Keep up the great work, Bistro Atlantis

Reviewed 4 April 2013

I visit the Tampa Bay area monthly and when I go there I always go to the bistro. I have been since it's inception with the former owners it was always stellar, and now with the new owners, and it's even better. I have NEVER had anything less than a superb experience, and the singing now afforded by the owner and a few others in the front of the house is a spiritual treat. I was a bit dismayed to read the last two reviews on here, and while everyone is entitled to their opinion, I find it laughable that anyone would take such obsenely written reviews seriously. As a foodie who travels alot and hence dines out many times a week, this place is in the top 10 I have ever eaten in. I have had almost everything on the menu, and the Chicken Atlantis is among my favorites. It ouzes with flavor and the fresh pasta...to die for. These owners are putting forth a rare commodity in this mediocre world...excellent food, great service and the voices singing are a spiritual gift. Do yourselves a favor and listen to the 95% of people who dig this place. Go. I can't imagine what kind of person writes such ill conceived and vulgur reviews...if you have something to say do so with tact, not vulgarity. My best guess here after just visiting this last week and having another stellar experience...and I say this because I pay attention and I know the staff, there are new faces. That means some have gone, and who knows...it is not a stretch to think someone who left on bad terms may be responsible for such ill-chosen words...I don't know, don't really care. I just want people to look here to experience what I have. So that's it. Go, and get what you want...it is impossible to make a mistake on the menu.

2  Thank MalloryT867