“Good food, friendly staff”

Broadway Cafe & Deli
Ranked #28 of 182 Restaurants in Dunedin
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We happened upon Broadway while strolling the downtown area of Dunedin. We just wanted a good, old-fashioned sandwich and this place delivered. My husband got a pastrami sandwich which came on marble rye (which we can't eat without thinking of Seinfeld!) and he loved it. I'm from NY and just wanted a good roast beef on a hard roll. The Kaiser roll was a little soft but the roast beef was good and there was plenty of it. Our daughter ordered a turkey sandwich. The turkey was good but since it came with brown deli mustard instead of yellow she wasn't happy (obviously, she was NOT raised in NY!) If you have a mustard preference - or your kids do - be sure to note that. Our waitress was very friendly and the owner, who came out to chat with us, was as well.
Each sandwich came with a pickle spear and chips or a pasta or potato salad. My only complaint would be the prices. I believe at least two of our sandwiches were around $13 each. Fine if we had ordered the salads, but I think if you just get chips a couple of dollars could be knocked off.
That aside, the food and the service were spot on and I wouldn't hesitate to eat here again if I'm in the area.

Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

We had the pleasure of having breakfast here this morning. Keith, the owner, was super friendly and very attentive. The food was also amazing. We would definitely recommend this place to anyone.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

so sorry, but the service was extra,extra slllllloooooowwwwww. the field greens salad was actually 100% spinach with a hard boiled egg, a beet and slices of cucumber. I added a scoop of shrimp salad which they put directly on top. it should have been served on the side. unenjoyable.

Reviewed 7 March 2018

New owners and I'm sure they are nice folks and trying hard. So much for the niceties. My friend and I have grown weary of the snarky people that run Alfresco's, and Sea Critters is good but the menu is way too limited for lunch. So to Broadway we go. First time. Last time. Friend had tuna salad sandwich he said was good except it was chicken salad. I had a cobb salad that was wilted mixed green mix with microscopic shards of avocado, a hard boiled egg with a bonus: cracked shell attached. I guess the folks thought I needed some extra protein. I had a scoop of tuna salad which may also have been chicken salad...so tasteless it was hard to tell. The dressing looked like ceasar and tasted somewhat like ceasar; certainly not ranch as ordered. There were also a few burned crumbles of bacon no doubt left from breakfast. Attention to those selling salad: romaine and/or iceberg is good even if it isn't trendy like baby mixed greens with stinkweed (arugula) The former have some crunch that a salad needs. So this plate that ended up about 1/3 consumed was about $13.50. Too much for what it was. A word about the facility: It needs some cleaning. The food items in the case look like they were thrown in there. The cold cuts seem to cry out..."Help me! I've been here forever!" So it's on to the next place. Too bad. It would have been nice to have a place in Dunedin to get a nice, decent salad without a wait or snarky owners and wait staff.

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

This is place where everyone can get what they want. I light food snack, homemade gelato, fresh baked goods or a great cup of coffee.

Been to Broadway Cafe & Deli? Share your experiences!