“A Little Piece of Heaven”
Review of Meranova Guest Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dunedin
Meranova Guest Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Dunedin B&B and Inns
Grand Rapis,Michigan
“A Little Piece of Heaven”
Reviewed 20 February 2008

This is the first review I have ever done. The Meranova Guest Inn is worth my time to write this review. The Meranova is a bed and breakfast inn located in the heart of downtown Dunedin. In walking distance to shops, restaurants, galleries and the Pinelas County trail. All businesses are privately owned which means NO chain stuff - like McDonalds!!! As for the inn itself, it is run by two gentlemen that cater to your every need. We have stayed in two different "rooms". All rooms are decorated beautifully. There is a little kitchen complete with little refrig, dishes, cups, & silverware. The coffeemaker is always set to go , all I have to do is push the start button. The breakfast is fantastic. The chef informed me that all 7 food groups were covered in my breakfast. Now I didn't need to worry if I ate junk the rest of the day! Matter of a fact after eating their breakfast - I didn't get hungry again until evening! When you get up in the morning and are ready to eat, you call the kitchen and let the chef know which garden you would like to be served. All the areas for eating are private - my favorite is the orchid garden. they also have a nice small pool if you would like to take a dip. My husband and I look forward to our stays at the Meranova. It is a place where time seems to move alittle slower and quieter. This is not a place for kids, but if you are trying to get a way from kids - yes. I'm from Michigan - so - we have been to the Meranova in February and then we were there over Memorial Day weekend. Frank and Dave are fantastic hosts! You feel like you are at home away from home. The bonus - we get sun and warmth too!!!!!

Stayed February 2008
1 Thank tenpets

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
New York
Reviewed 11 February 2008

The owners of the Meranova Guest Inn are exceptionally detail oriented and it is evident for guest before they even arrive. We were asked about our preferences for our morning coffee and dietary restrictions when we made the reservation.

Upon arrival at this garden oasis, located in the exceptionally quaint "old Florida" town of Dunedin, we were greeted by name shown to our warmly decorated suite. Complete with small kitchen and sunny breakfast nook, our suite was a tranquil haven, an in-room stereo and a collection of book and magazines added to the very homey feel of the room. This would be a very cozy and comfortable place for an extended stay.

While maintaining a priority for guests privacy, the owner's enthusiasm for the property, which they carefully restored, renovated and designed, is infectious. We were captivated by their tales of the search for the perfect property that would allow them the full opportunity to culminate their collective professional experiences in the hospitality and restaurant industries.

We have stayed in luxury hotels all over the world and we were impressed with the gracious amenities at The Meranova Inn.
But nothing had prepared us for the lavish, and healthy, breakfast's the we enjoyed each morning. Beautifully prepared and served, on china, we dined in the orchid garden one day and under a white fabric gazebo the next. It was truly tranquil and delicious.

The owners are very involved in the on going revival of this small town and their restaurant recommendation and insights to all the offerings in Dunedin are invaluable to guests who enjoy rediscovering the warmth and surprisingly sophisticated lifestyle in this classic american town.

• Liked — Well appointed and home like - full of individual style
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Newburyport, Massachusetts
Reviewed 20 October 2007

Meranova Guest Inn, Dunedin, Florida

We just returned from four days at the Meranova Guest Inn in Dunedin, Florida. It is truly the most perfect inn we have stayed in! There is no detail missed. The "room" (full bath, kitchenette/living area and bedroom) was impeccable. The inn was full, but when in our room, you never heard another guest.

The grounds/gardens were beautiful, well-kept and the perfect place to hang out and enjoy its beauty.

David and Frank are the innkeepers and take their responsibilities very seriously. They are there when you need them but are respectful of your privacy.

Our first morning, we made the mistake of missing breakfast (Frank cooks, David serves). That afternoon we were talking to a shopkeeper in Dunedin and told her where we were staying. She asked if we had had breakfast and we told her that we slept through it. Well, we were shamed into never doing that again. The scolding was well worth it. We are not talking about your average B&B continental breakfast, but a gastronomial gourmet extravaganza of eggs, fresh breads, fresh fruits and juice etc etc etc.

We cannot wait to return

Gerry and Tom

Stayed September 2007
2 Thank NBPT978
Melbourne, FL
Reviewed 5 August 2007

This is our fifth year at Meranova, and we always find it such a treat to stay here. Our room was beautifully decorated, and pristine clean. Every amenity has been provided. The breakfast presentation is beautiful and delicious. I had dietary restrictions and Frank followed my diet guidelines and my breakfasts were beautiful and a culinary delight. We love staying with David and Frank, and I always feel like I am wrapped in a cocoon of warm hospitality. My husband and I travel a lot and have stayed in many elegant Inns, but we find Meranova to be the very best in accommodations, breakfasts, and hospitality Thank you David and Frank for another memorable stay.

Sally & Dan Young
Melbourne, FL

• Liked — Fantastic Gormet Breakfast, Consistenly Clean Rooms, Great Pool, THE BEST Inn Keepers!!
  • Disliked — lacks wireless internet connection
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank danyoung
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed 18 July 2007

If you are seeking a reasonably priced vacation in Dunedin, look no further. My friend and I decided to spend a couple of nights at the cottage and we were instantly blown away. The decor is beautiful and the place is spotless. I mean spotless. Frank and Dave are the kindest, friendliest people. They made us feel like we were old friends in for a visit. We had great conversation ("What would Emily Post do?") and extraordinary breakfasts. Although the Meranova is located right there in downtown Dunedin, the setting feels private and serene. It was difficult to leave; I missed them as soon as we pulled out of the driveway! Book a few nights at the Meranova - you will not regret it!

Stayed June 2007
1 Thank FLescapee
Charleston SC
Reviewed 21 June 2007

My husband and I recently had the pleasure of spending 4 nights at the Meranova Guest Inn. Talk about getting the royal treatment - our hosts David and Frank could not have been more gracious. The efficiency suites are beautifully decorated, immaculately clean, and fully equipped with everything you could possibly need - right down to a small flashlight at bedside. We stayed in the Sea Suite, and it was like being in our own luxury cottage at the beach, except that breakfast was served! And what a breakfast!!! Frank is a fabulous chef. The plate of fresh fruit was almost too pretty to eat, but we managed. Eggs and biscuits and sausage and bacon and mushrooms and muffins and toast - every day a new treat. Excellent granola cereal as well. The coffee tastes just roasted. Sitting by the pool, listening to the calming music, and enjoying the beautiful, tropical surroundings was just heaven. The little city of Dunedin has great shops and restaurants and beaches nearby. The shop keepers were all jealous when we told them where we were staying. If you really want to indulge yourself at a very reasonable rate this is just the place. You will want to return again and again as we do.

• Liked — The size, comfort, and cleanliness of the suites. The breakfasts and the grounds.
  • Disliked — There was nothing we didn't enjoy. Loved it all.
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank neatbook
Seminole, Florida
Reviewed 14 June 2007

Upon arrival I was greeted by Frank, who escorted me to my California Mission-style cottage where brandy had been poured and a chocolate truffle waited to be devoured. As Frank gave me the tour, my friend arrived and we were amazed at how beautiful our "home away from home" was. The Meranova far exceeded our expectations in charm and elegance. Every detail had been addressed and our cottage was immaculate! Coffee was ready to be brewed at the touch of a button, filtered water chilled in the fridge, homemade brownies were calling my name, city maps and local brochures waited to be perused, the pool was warmed to 87 degrees, and the gardens beckoned with their beauty.

I instantly felt the tension in my overworked body subside as I happily drifted into the world of Meranova. Feeling no great urgency to leave this fabulous environment, we left the unpacking for later and explored just outside our door. From our private patio we hesitated just long enough to figure out which way to venture to take in the splendor of the gardens, the draw of the gazebo made it easy. The gazebo is enchanting, as is the seating under a huge shade tree. The landscaping invites you to turn every corner and explore every nook and cranny to see what surprises are awaiting discovery. David has created a masterpiece that rivals most botanical gardens!

Breakfast is served each morning where you desire–your room, your patio, the orchid garden, or the gazebo. We chose the gazebo and were not disappointed. Frank and David went out of their way to fulfill our request for one vegetarian and one vegan meal. Each morning started with perfectly brewed coffee, fresh squeezed orange juice, soy yogurt, fresh fruit and an assortment of delicious grain breads. As the vegetarian, I found the Scrambled Eggs with Summer Salsa delicious and the Putanesca with Shirred Eggs was scrumptious!

We decided to call this our "First Annual…, then decided on bi-annual, but even that's too far away! This is heaven!

• Liked — The attention to every detail, the food, the owners, the impeccable service, the cleanliness and more!
  • Disliked — We loved evverything!
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with friends
1 Thank flsiren
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunedin
Best Western Plus Yacht Harbor Inn
Residence Inn Clearwater Downtown
Sandpearl Resort
Sandpearl Resort
#7 of 98 in Clearwater

Been to Meranova Guest Inn? Share your experiences!