“Good food and service”

Thai Town
Ranked #49 of 179 Restaurants in Dunedin
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 20 June 2014

My fiancee' and I had lunch at this casual thai restaurant. The server was attentive and polite. Food was fresh, well-presented, warm and flavorful. The menu prices were very reasonable. We would eat there again.

2  Thank Thomsoni

Reviewed 14 March 2014

I have a place in Clearwater and it's about a 10 mile drive to Thai Town. As I turned off Gulf-to-Bay onto northbound Keene Rd toward Dunedin, I called in my take-out order: 1 pork entree with the cashew peanut sauce and an appetizer order of the vegetarian spring rolls. I also upgraded from the jasmine rice to egg fried rice for an extra $2.00. My order was being bagged for me just as I arrived to pick it up and the total meal, more than enough for two people, was +/- $16.00 with the tip. When I arrived home, I got a call from the friend I invited to join me for dinner only to learn that it would unavoidably be delayed until the next evening.

The next evening, I put the pork entree on "warm" in the toaster oven for about 30 minutes, added a splash or two of water to the egg fried rice before microwaving it for 60 seconds at 75% power, followed, finally, by wrapping the spring rolls in coffee filters and microwaving them for 30 seconds at full power.

I will, simply, say, it was delicious! My dinner guest agreed. I can't wait to order take-out from Thai Town again.

Thai Town is a small, but comfortable restaurant with seating for perhaps 20 people or so at 6 to 8 tables. However, it's in a strip mall with very limited parking. Don't let the venue stop you, though. The thai food they serve is the best ever - even when it's a day old!

1  Thank Thomz12345
Reviewed 20 February 2014

This restaurant was recommended to us and are we glad we went! I first looked it up on Trip Advisor to read the reviews, Great reviews, but when I called the telephone number to verify days open, I was informed that the number had been disconnected. Tried again and same answer. I called the Chamber of Commerce to ask if it was closed but they could not verify that and suggested their sister property, the Blue Sake. So as we were approaching Blue Sake, we noticed Thai Town on the left and it was open! So we went in, told the manager that we had called the number listed on the Trip Advisor website and were informed that it had been disconnected. He was so surprised and gave us a take-out menu with the correct number. We proceeded to order the luncheon specials which includes the soup of the day, spring roll and dipping sauce, then you choose your meal and your meat. We ordered cashew nut with chicken and Pad Thai with pork. EVERYTHING was fresh and delicious! Our friends have been to Thailand and said the food was exactly as it was there! The portions are very generous, served with Jasmine rice, so we had no room for dessert! Will do next time we go!

Reviewed 15 January 2014

Small local good Thai food worth the trip. Very flavorful, and thai mendous value! Friendly service
and a bustling business. First visit tonight but we will be back soon.

1  Thank Robin G
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Craving some good Thai cuisine, we checked Trip Advisor and found this little restaurant. We arrived near the end of the lunch shift so were able to enjoy the lunch specials ($6.95 includes soup and spring roll). The pad thai was excellent and sauced perfectly and the service was attentive. So glad we stopped in here for some wonderful Thai food!

1  Thank traveler2024