“Luxurious Vacation, Bargain Price”
Review of Juliette Falls

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dunnellon
Juliette Falls
Pembroke Pines, Florida
“Luxurious Vacation, Bargain Price”
Reviewed 27 October 2010

A friend of mine found Juliette Falls and asked if I wanted to go as part of a larger group to take advantage of their "stay & play" option. Although I am not the greatest of golfers, I agreed after visiting their website (http://www.juliettefalls.com/) and seeing pictures of the accomodations and of the course itself (because, hey, I might hit a lot of balls into the woods, but at least I can enjoy the scenery!).

The house that we stayed in - a Bonaire model - was exquisite! I expected to walk in to a toned-down version of what I saw on the website, but was pleasantly surprised to find that the house we were staying in matched all the pictures on the website. Very comfortable furniture, and the housekeeping staff keeps the place SPOTLESS. They also have silverware and most of the kitchen supplies that you would need to make a few small meals while you're there. Towels are supplied also - save the space in your luggage. The pool and hot tub in the house are enclosed by a screen, which makes them very enjoyable (otherwise you would have to deal with the MANY bugs flying around - let's face it, you're in north-central FL).

The clubhouse is also very nice, but don't expect to purchase much outside of some golf gear (in other words, you're driving the 10-miles to the grocery store for just about everything - including trash bags). We spent a lot of time at the clubhouse bar - the 19th green, if you will - due to the many flat-screen TVs and friendly staff. Perfect place to watch football for you sports fans. The menu there is pretty extensive; one of my favorites was the Buffalo Chicken Flatbread. Also, I must mention some of the servers by name that provided exceptional service - Sammie, Francis, and Katie, who makes a MEAN Kamikaze shot, definitely worth trying!!!

The course is pretty challenging, and this is not just my take on it as one of my buddies who is about an 8 handicap also said the same. This is definitely one of the best maintained courses I have yet visited, though. Greens were a little fast in the morning, but settled out later on in the day because the heat dried up the moisture.

A tip to those considering visiting - although the resort itself is hands-down one of the best maintained I have been to, consider the location (and more importantly, the surroundings). If you're looking to "get away from it all", this is your place! You will find a grocery store and a Wal-Mart within 10 miles or so (along with a few restaurants and smaller shops), but I wouldn't recommend coming to this place looking for nightlife. Also, I'm not sure I would consider buying any of the houses (as many are for sale) until the real estate market firms up, but for the right price, I would definitely consider buying for a golf/vacation home.

Lastly, I have to give a BIG "thank you" to Nicole Van Meter, the office manager for JF, for making our stay a perfect get-away. She would go out of her way to make sure we were all set up and informed about everything we needed to know.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank MBTeixeira

Families
Solo
Business
Tampa FL
Reviewed 26 February 2009

This is a very unique destination! It's close enough to the tourist destinations and airports of Florida to be convenienct, but far enough away to be peaceful.

We stayed for a long weekend and my husband enjoyed golfing on their course while I hit the shoppes in Ocala! The food was amazing, hats of the the staff at Romeo's!

A lovely facility that seems to only be growing, we will definitely be returning!

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank pferde01

Been to Juliette Falls? Share your experiences!