Rainbow Springs State Park is a beautiful park to visit! We visited the Head Springs area- so this post refers to that area.
There are several man-made waterfalls and some very nice walking trails. If you are going to visit, there are some important things to know:
- If you're going to swim, bring a pool noodle. The swimming area is restricted to a specific location and it's very deep. You'll need a float just to hang on to, unless you're going to tread water the whole time you're there.
- There is a large field for picnics/set up. People bring tents, cabanas, their own grills, etc. If you're going during a busy season, the picnic tables will be staked out early. Make sure you bring your own chairs/blanket/table if you want that stuff.
- The walk from the parking lot down to the field/swimming area is long and hilly. If you have a lot to carry, bring a wagon or something to help you carry the stuff.
- If you want to bring your own canoe or kayak, it's a VERY long walk to the dock carrying your boat. Just FYI. :)
The water is so clear- it's really amazing. We're definitely going to be returning in the future!
- Also Known As:
- Rainbow Springs State Park Hotel Dunnellon
- Rainbow Springs State Park Dunnellon, Florida