“Tubing at rainbow springs”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dunnellon
Rainbow Springs State Park
Orlando
“Tubing at rainbow springs”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We had a great day tubing at Rainbow Springs. I had felt anxious before going thinking the family may be separated whilst tubing or that it may be difficult or was not well managed. None of this turned out to be the case and it was a lovely peaceful afternoon. I was also worried about floating to the side and grabbing onto branches where there were hornets nests. Again none if this was a problem- it was very easy to float down the middle. The take off and landing are also easily managed and well sign posted. It may be helpful to tether your family together with a rope but we didn't have one
but it hold onto each other's tube handles and stay together. Hope this allays your anxieties.

• Stayed July 2014
6 Thank Jen01murray

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Plant City
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

We spent the afternoon tubing down the Rainbow River and it was beautiful! The water was clear and cool and nature surrounded us. The whole trip was approximately 2 hours long. We will definitely return. There are picnic tables and bathroom facilities, as well as helpful and friendly staff.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Sheila R
Homosassa, Florida
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Blue crystal clear water inviting you to jump in. The swimming area is large and has good access although you do swim at your own risk and may encounter an alligator. I was there early in the morning but I would imagine it got quite packed later in the day. Good hiking trails which cover about 3 miles. Pretty butterfly garden and gorgeous waterfalls. Very natural Florida setting. Lots of seating areas and pavilions to picnic. The cost is $2 a person and well worth a visit. Next time I will try the tubing which I hear is excellent.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Geraldine P
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Really enjoyed this park. The water is incredible - crystal clear, like you are looking through glass! I enjoyed a kayak down the river and the water was very inviting as I kayaked under the hot sun. Lots of people swimming and tubing around me. I was tempted to jump in. However, when we got back to the swimming area, I couldn't get in it was so cold!! I'm a water wimp though, my 12 yo son had NO problem jumping right in. So I guess it just depends on your tolerance for cold water.

3 Thank JoGoes73
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

The first time I saw Rainbow Springs I was stunned that places like this actually exist. It's the first spring I visited upon moving to Florida, and after living here for five years, I am still taken aback by the beauty of this place. The water is sooo cold, but also highly refreshing in the summer. Definitely take a walk around the property and enjoy the gardens and waterfalls. The perfect place for photos if you're a shutter bug!

Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Melissa D
Rockledge, Florida
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

My family and I really enjoyed this place. It's clean, fun, and visually stunning. The snack bar could use some help. That's my only negative though. They just have vending machine type food. They even come out still in the plastic wrap.

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed the weekend camping and going down the river. We brought our own rafts but if you want to take the tram back it's $11 per person. I would recommend paying $5 to park the car at the rafting enterance and getting a ride from a friend back to the launch. Tubing down is amazing, blows ginnie spring s away. We saw huge bass crappie carp, a few otters.

The camping is fine but is a hike to the water. The rest rooms are decent and they have laundry facilities. Go to snorkle the river.

1 Thank X334LV
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunnellon
Comfort Suites near Rainbow Springs
Best Western Ocala Park Centre
Days Inn Crystal River
Days Inn Crystal River
#6 of 9 in Crystal River

Been to Rainbow Springs State Park? Share your experiences!