“A wonderful place”

Dinner Bell Motel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Dunnellon
“A wonderful place”
Reviewed 24 May 2012

We were in a bind and needed a place to stay.as the first motel was grosse and had mold we decided to try this one we were pleasantly surprised.they had several plases we could walk to eat .you can walk to the river and it was sparkley clean thank you dinner bell for saving this trip.

1 Thank Nativetoflorida

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Stayed there one night in Feb. and we would not stay again. The room was old and dated and appeared dirty. The air conditioner filter looked as if it was never cleaned. The bathroom looked dirty with what appeared to be mold. The bed linens were old and worn. The carpet was worn and the room smelled musty. We burned a candle to try to mask the odor. We went to breakfast in the morning only to return to find that there was a person in our room starting to clean (although I don't know what they clean). The only reason we stayed there is that we were kayaking the Rainbow River and you could not ask for a better location. You could walk to the put-in in less than 5 minutes. If you can look past the old musty rooms and want to paddle the Rainbow River then - go for it; otherwise find another place.

Room Tip: Find a different place to stay
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank CTLYankee
Reviewed 28 December 2011

Been going there for 10 yrs and have already made our reservations for a week in Feb. of 2012. NEED I say more. The place is great and the staff are the very friendly. Their location is close to the boat ramp and a lot of very good restaurants.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank George K
Reviewed 15 September 2011

We have stayed at the DinnerBell for 10 yrs. straight and found the rooms clean and the staff very friendly. Close to a lot of very nice golf courses and very good restaurants. The rates are very reasonable. Will be staying there in Feb. of 2012.

3 Thank George K
Oviedo, Florida
Reviewed 15 June 2011

The motel is right next to the Dunnellon boat ramp where I unfortunately locked my keys in my truck right after pulling my old boat out of the water after a great day on the Rainbow River. I walked into the office asking for a coat hanger to try to unlock my truck door. The office manager promptly gave me one, but to no avail, I could not get into my truck. I came back to the motel to use the phone book to find a locksmith. No locksmith would answer their phone after business hours. It was getting late and I was stranded out of town, with no money (my wallet was locked in the truck). While working to get into my truck, the motel manager came to my vehicle and told me a wrecker will be there in 5 min and will open my door. This man, after I left the motel office, worked to find someone who could help me for little cost. He went out of his way to make sure a perfect stranger was taken care of. If this is even close to how he treats his guests, you should be well taken care of at this motel. If I am ever in the area, I will surely repay his help with a visit to the motel, and another day on the river!

4 Thank md0425
Albany, New York
Reviewed 4 December 2010

we got 7 channels on the TV - every time we went out the remote wouldn't turn the TV on - I can deal with any thing that comes my way but this place was the worst - there was cigarette burns every where - on the toilet, on the tub, on the sink - you name it and you will find the burns - I'm not talking one burn mark on something - I talking about 15 to 20 marks - I'm a smoker and I wouldn't think of doing something like that and if I own something like this - I would charge the offenders for it and repair it. - we did not use the restaurant but I rated it so I could tell others about this motel

• Stayed February 2011
3 Thank cuteone1948
Reviewed 31 January 2010

We have stayed at the Dinner Bell Motel for the last 6 years while down in Dunnellon on golf outtings. We found the motel staff very friendly and the rooms clean. NEVER had any problems with either. It is close to all the local golf courses and their rates are reasonable. We will be staying there again this year.

George Kirby
North Street
Mich

• Stayed February 2011
1 Thank George K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunnellon
Comfort Suites near Rainbow Springs
Best Western Crystal River Resort
Hampton Inn Crystal River
Hampton Inn Crystal River
#1 of 9 in Crystal River

Been to Dinner Bell Motel? Share your experiences!