“Good food, great time!”

Ranked #5 of 56 Restaurants in Dunnellon
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Stumpknockers has become a mainstay for us. We stop there monthly and whenever we have guests, Everyone enjoys both their food and love sitting on the deck when weather permits! It does get a little loud if sitting indoors.. We brought guests there recently for their fried catfish. We sat on the deck and everyone loved it! Both prices and service are good..

One of our group ordered the "All you can eat" catfish. The waitress politely recommend ordering just the standard order stating she would change the order to the "all you can eat" if he wanted more.. There was no need! I thought that was very nice touch...

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Well, sorry to say, after many visits to this unique restaurant, I have to give a negative report this time. I had to make a visit to the restroom on this trip, and I was horrified!
I know the building is old, but that is NO excuse for cleanliness!!! The toilet lid, where it connects to the toilet, under the tank, was absolutely gross. Dirt, pubic hairs, and dried urine splash. It was there for a long time. Looked like it hadn't been cleaned for months. I almost barfed! How could such a class restaurant overlook the ladies restroom so badly??? I was done eating, good thing, as I could not have eaten if I saw this before I ate.

2  Thank Gerri K
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Too loud! Food ok. Been there along time. Tables too close. If u skip this restaurant it won't be a big loss.

1  Thank Audyul
Reviewed 15 April 2014

If you enjoy fish, this is the place for you. You can sit outside and eat, or belly up to the outside bar for liquid refreshment. It does get crowded, get a reservation.

1  Thank Whandforth
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This restaurant is the same as the one in downtown Inverness. Owned by brothers I believe. Anyway I know John in Inverness, and here I met Tim at this location. Both super nice guys. On this 4-11-14 visit I arrived early and sat outside. Just beautiful out there with a view of the river out back. Very shaded also. Toni was my server. A super nice lady. I had the fried catfish sandwich, fries, and cold draft beer. Excellent. I really enjoyed and my belly was happy and full. I highly recommend both Stumpknockers locations. But get there early. They get busy fast.