“Great little getaway”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dunnellon
Gator Den at Angler's Resort
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Dunnellon
Reviewed 5 December 2011

The small town of Dunnellon is a jewel.
The Anglers Resort is a little motel right on the river. It is not the Ritz, but if you are looking for a place close to everything than Anglers is for you.
We were there to kayak the Rainbow Spings area and this hotel is perfect, and the owners are very helpful.
The Blue Gator restaurant next to the motel has great food and overlooks the Withlacootchie River.
You can rent boats or kayaks or take a river tour with the owners.
I am looking forward to returning soon

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank collette90511

Reviewed 28 July 2011

We stayed at the Angler's Resort Motel for one night as we planned to go tubing the next day on the Rainbow River. We got in late (after 9:30p) and they still had our room reserved. The place was sold out. The room we stayed in was clean, as were the beds, kitchen, and bathroom. The AC was very cold. There is a train track that runs behind the motel. A train came through around 12:30am and it was the only one the rest of the night...so no problems sleeping The bed was pretty comfy too. The restaurant next door is called the Blue Gator. There was a live band that was awesome and the food was really good. Those that gave this place a bad rap just got unlucky with their stay. We thought it was great for the price. We give it a B+.

Room Tip: We had room 18...but I bet they are all pretty good. Rooms 1-3 are away from the tracks.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank jaimeck79
Reviewed 29 March 2011

Folks do yourself a favor.. don't ever stay here unless you are a local or there is literally no where else to go, including the backseat of your vehicle! I have read the other reviews and see that several are as old as 3 and 4 years ago and frankly the more current ones that are favorable I just dont get. But, if you want a place that is the most basic of lodging, with old unmatched furniture, filthy floors (my white socks were black inside of 5 minutes) a mildewed shower and windows and lumpy beds this is the place for you.

I will say that the folks that run the place are nice and the Blue Gator resturant had decent food and friendly staff. So with that in mind... stop in and say hello to the owners maybe get a bit to eat and a cold one but spend the night someplace else.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Papilio65
Reviewed 11 June 2010

We stayed at the Angler's Resort over the Memorial Day weekend and had a great time.
The staff and owners were very helpful and and nice.
The food at the Blue Gator was excellent.
We had a great time on the boat tour, it was very entertaining and informative.
Thanks again
The O'Grady family

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank theogrady3
Reviewed 2 June 2010

we had a real nice stay, great staff and the food at the blue gator was great and was great eating. they had live bands and evon roasted a whole pig on sat. night, yum. the prices were great, try the grupper sandwich, to die for. fishing was made easy had great boat slips, and everything needed to fish. evon a boat if you dont have one. the rooms were so so, and the beds are bad, but will come back

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cookiepoo
Reviewed 11 May 2010

My husband and I traveled from Okeechobee for a weekend get a way we stayed at Anglers resort and ate and hung out at the Blue Gator and rented a boat and did some fishing. The rooms were neat and clean and comfortable the food was good and all of the people working were very friendly we had a great time and will visit again when we get back up that way.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lanfam
Reviewed 1 March 2010

Let me start by saying that I'm an outdoors girl, and tent camp often. I'm not finicky, and I prefer staying in local places over resort hotels. That said, I can't imagine this place ever being regarded as a "resort" - even by fishermen in the the 1950's! Whatever it once was, it's now a dumpy fish camp and biker joint. If the owners have indeed been working to update the place as they claim on entry below, I can't imagine what it would've been like before. The photos on the website must have been taken many years ago or maybe in their "apartment" which they no longer rent. I had studied the website closely, and I did not recognize the place when I drove up to it. Specifically - the room had 2 double beds that looked like they had been there for at least 30 years. A bulb provided barely enough light to look around. (probably a good thing, as I'm afraid of what I DID NOT see!) A 1970's style lamp didn't work. A small "kitchenette" had cabinets made of particle board that was rotting off and making a pile on the floor, making me wonder just when this place was last cleaned!!! And to top it all off, literally, the back window looked into an embankment that was about 3 feet behind the building, with the top of the bank (just above roofline) being a train track. Wouldn't THAT make for resort-like rest and sleep! And yes, the trains do run frequently! Needless to say, I did not stay. I'd suggest you don't either. In fact, if you want to see the Rainbow River like I did, then see it and keep driving to Crystal River.

• Stayed: December 2009
2  Thank mea_aloha
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunnellon
Comfort Suites near Rainbow Springs
#4 of 9 in Crystal River
King's Bay Lodge
King's Bay Lodge
#3 of 9 in Crystal River

Been to Gator Den at Angler's Resort? Share your experiences!