“Can't wait to return”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Eastpoint
Sportsman's Lodge Motel & Marina
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Eastpoint
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Can't wait to return”
Reviewed 31 August 2012

What a great place. The old-world charm, extremely friendly staff and beautiful surroundings made our stay just perfect. Right on Apalachicola Bay with lots of room to just stroll and observe the many peacocks that call this lodge home. There's a restaurant on the property that is no longer in operation, but they keep it open with an office with WiFi and restrooms. The front of the restaurant has a huge porch that's great for fishing. But alas, the long pier has been taken away by a storm. There's not much in Eastpoint, but only 6 miles from Apalachicola and another few miles to St. George Island. Our room was clean with king-size bed, full kitchen and big porches for sitting outside. Make sure you also visit Apalachicola's Raney House Museum and the Maritime Museum which runs sunset cruises that are not to be missed! Can't wait to return to Sportsman's Lodge. What a great place and good value.

Room Tip: 2 buildings are two-story and have rooms with full kitchens and large wrap-around porches. There ar...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank FlaHoneymooners

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Bruce Peninsula, Canada
Reviewed 26 April 2012

I'm in total agreement with the positive reviewers out there. Yes, it's old and worn around the edges (just like me), but it IS clean and comfortable and cheap! We thoroughly enjoyed our night there and suggest the pampered puppies that can't imagine a place without a flat screen TV, move on . Please. Quickly.
Our memories of the place include the idiosyncrasies that set it apart from the 'cookie-cutter' chain hotels. Gives you something to talk about! We will return, and tell others to try the Sportsman's Lodge. Eastpoint is just over the bridge east of Apalachicola

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Drudell
bainbridge ga
Reviewed 24 March 2012

Bob and Eda, are wonderful people.I took my children down there many many times we even stayd there for about 6 months.My children loved it and when they were old enough to date and get married they took their girlfriends boyfriends who became thieir husbands a wifes down there.When my daughter passed away in 2005 i took her children down there just for memories.Bob and Eda was great.They just dont know it but they helped me thru a lot.Sports Lodge is home.The story titled SCARY she needs to catch a grip, Becouse there is nothing scary about this place.Oh and about the noisey birds ITS FLORIDA the birds r a part of it>stop complaining YOU will never find a better place to stay.I am Pamela Hurst and my family LOVES this place.It is the BEST.

Room Tip: any room is great
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
7 Thank pamela1215
Etowah, Tennessee
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I stayed here with my physically challenged mother and husband several times, all three of us loved it, it may not be brand new, but it's more like the old Florida that I knew and loved, stayed in cabins twice, waterfront room once with kitchenette, and camped a couple of times on the water, beautiful place.

I could not enter dates I stayed there, it was before 11/09 when husband passed away, but I have continued to visit there without the owners knowing it, love to drive out by their place and bring back beautiful memories of the peacocks, the waves, and when I was there, there was a restaurant, before Katrina.

Room Tip: ask for one overlooking the canal or the bay
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank dixiew39
Pompano Beach, Florida
Reviewed 30 January 2012

The peacocks are beautiful & the owners are friendly. That's all I can say that is positive. Yes it is on the water but there is junk, rundown trailers & buildings that spoil any view. This place is very old and rundown. I have nicknamed the place to my friends as the 'Bates Motel'. As the other reviewer said - it's scarey. I stayed there one night and RAN the next day to Appolachacola

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Carol D
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 15 January 2012

Clean, comfortable, friendly, affordable and takes dogs. My wife and I got away for a couple of days and the Sportsman lodge fit the bill. I loved the kitchenettes. We spent the day walking the dogs on St George Island and then came back to a great evening.

Room Tip: We were in 14, had a warm feeling
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank bamboomike
Reviewed 26 December 2011

Old rustic feel with good vibes...owners are on property and friendly.

• Stayed October 2011
4 Thank Br1ttany
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eastpoint
Gibson Inn
#2 of 7 in Port Saint Joe
Port Inn
Port Inn
#1 of 7 in Port Saint Joe

Been to Sportsman's Lodge Motel & Marina? Share your experiences!