“Great place to stay!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Edgewater
Jasper, Florida
“Great place to stay!”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I stayed at the Edgewater Best Western on June 24/25, 2014. I had a non-smoking King room (221). The rate at the time of my visit was $94.99 +$11.87 tax (12.5%!!) per night, or roughly $214 for both nights.

The drive from the hotel to New Smyrna beach was about 15-20 minutes, and to the National Seashore about 25-30 minutes with mostly due to really slow speed limits. There is an Auto zone right next door on one side, and a large CVS pharmacy on the other. Several restaurants deliver, with maybe another 5 or 10 with drive thru's along the driving route to NSB. There are at least 10 sit down style restaurants within 2 miles of the hotel. Pretty decent location, especially if you want to be close to the beach, but not right next to the touristy crap or night-life.

I was visiting the Cape Canaveral Seashore, and though there were hotels closer, I liked the reviews for this place. They were 100% right in saying that this is a well maintained hotel. When I first entered the room, I noticed a pleasant scent of what can best be described as 'clean'. It was an air freshener of some sort, but wasn't noxious at all. As soon as you notice it, you don't anymore.

The bed was super comfortable, with 4 pillows (though I used mine from home). There were 3 wall lamps, 2 floor lamps, and a ceiling light near the door as well as a good sized window for light, which was plenty. The TV was a newer LG model that looked to be about 27", but I didn't really watch it much. The carpet was standard hotel issue, and clean as were the 2 nightstands, TV stand/dresser combo and coffee table which was in front of a decent sized couch. There was also a small bench, a couple padded chairs and a desk to finish off the furnishings. The bathroom was pretty standard for newer hotels, and the towels were fluffy and absorbent. There was a closet in the room too, along with a hair dryer and coffee pot (with 3 regular and 1 decaf pouch, and 5 accessory packs). The internet connection was free, and fairly fast (3 bars, sometimes 4 on wireless).

The only negatives I can note is the lack of snack machine and ice machine on the second floor, though there was a can soda machine. There was also the noise of slamming doors all evening and starting very early in the morning. This could easily be mitigated by putting in some foam or rubber stripping on the door jambs. A lot of the door slamming was from a storage room located 4 feet from my room door.

All-in-all, this was a pretty decent hotel, and for the proximity to the beach a fair price!

Room Tip: Room 221 overlooks the entrance and parking lot with a sliver of a view of the pool, and has a short...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank awschroader
BwedgewaterInn, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Edgewater Inn, responded to this review, 28 June 2014

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 386-427-7101.

BEST WESTERN Edgewater Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Finnish first
North Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This is an extremely well maintained property. The hotel is operated with a minimal amount of staff that know what they are doing in keeping this facility clean.
Our group had two rooms on the second floor. Both rooms were large, well appointed and with
comfortable bedding. The two story building sets well back off US 1 so traffic noise is not an issue. The only small negative comment would be that noise does travel between the rooms.
We didn't eat breakfast at the hotel. The parking lot is all in the front along with the pool area and it is pretty well lit at night. For a hotel near the beaches the AAA room rate was appropriate.
We will have no problem in staying here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank pdp2
BwedgewaterInn, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Edgewater Inn, responded to this review, 7 June 2014

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 5 June 2014

have stayed here while visiting family in this area for the past three years...comfortable and clean room at valued price...offers typical free breakfast and has free Wi-FI. It is located close to I-95 and on US 1...good restaurants in New Smyrna Beach area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank frank33130

Tallahassee
Reviewed 3 June 2014

My check-in experience was excellent when I explained I wanted to be as far as possible from the smoking allowed room - why there are any, I can't imagine in this day and age. The check-in clerk was most helpful and even asked if I had any discount coupons. The room was clean and quiet and all amenities in place. Convenient to the Interstate and to restaurants and shops, not far from the river. I will stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Judith G
BwedgewaterInn, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Edgewater Inn, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Judith Gross,

Evansville, Indiana, United States
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Not many hotel options in this area. This is a smaller hotel, but it provides breakfast in the morning, the beds are comfortable and the rooms were clean. Only complaint was that the elevators smelled like smoke and so did the hallways.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jill P
BwedgewaterInn, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Edgewater Inn, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear guest,

Kennesaw, Georgia
Reviewed 28 May 2014

From what I could read, this hotel is fairly new. We needed a room for our trip to Edgewater and there are not many options in the area. The beds were SUPER comfy and the room looked spotless. It is not an overly large hotel but just right. I really enjoyed the convenience of location which was central to where our family lives in Edgewater and New Smyrna Beach. I think for the price it was a great value.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank allisonbudaj

NH
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Cleanest hotel we have ever stayed at. Not opulent, but clean, tidy and well taken care of. An excellent option for a stay in the area. We will stay again. Pool is a bonus. The staff found a solution to our special request, even though the facility was full.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank NHBob
BwedgewaterInn, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Edgewater Inn, responded to this review, 2 May 2014

BEST WESTERN Edgewater Inn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edgewater
BEST WESTERN New Smyrna Beach Hotel & Suites
BEST WESTERN New Smyrna Beach Ho...
#2 of 13 in New Smyrna Beach
#6 of 13 in New Smyrna Beach
The Riverview Hotel
The Riverview Hotel
#3 of 13 in New Smyrna Beach

Been to BEST WESTERN Edgewater Inn? Share your experiences!