“Don't stay here unless necessary”

Red Roof Inn Ellenton
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Ellenton
Reviewed 29 February 2012

Don't stay here unless you like skeevy. I was visiting friends in Palmetto and was looking for a cheap place to sleep and shower. This motel was scary. I refused to take off my flipflops inside the room. The toilet seat had urine stains on it as if the maid hadn't wiped it down in awhile. I kept waking up in the middle of the night feeling like things were crawling on me this place had me so creeped out. The bed was fine and the linens appeared and smelled clean. The blanket had burn holes in it from a smoking room I'm assuming.

Room Tip: Pick a different motel
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Barbara C, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Ellenton, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2012

Thank you for your recent review. I am sorry that the hotel did not meet your expectations. We use TripAdvisor reviews as a training tool and will definitely be sharing your comments with our Housekeeping Staff to assist them in making improvements. Again, we apologize your experience was so poor.

Reviewed 7 November 2011

I was already booked at this hotel when I ran across the terrible reviews for this site. I was within the period of cancellation so I called the hotel to see what they'd let me do to cancel. They suggested to come and LOOK at the room and If I wasn't happy, I could cancel the reservations.
There's NOTHING wrong with this place! It's located on a pretty waterway with an alligator in a wetlands area right behind the pool. I'm a regular Marriott and Starwoods Preferred Guest and when on a business trip I would have stayed there for an extra $100.00 a night. This was just for a nights sleep and nothing fancy so I didn't want to spend the extra bucks. The room was clean, the refrigerator, TV, AC and coffee maker worked just fine! I have NO COMPLAINTS and believe me if I did...I'd post them! This isn't the Four Seasons, but it isn't the salvation army either! Give this place a shot...it's the best deal in town!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank MrClean1982
Barbara C, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Ellenton, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2011

Thank you for your review of the Ellenton GuestHouse Inn. We appreciate your comments and are happy to hear you think of us as a good location at a reasonable price. We hope to see you here on your next trip into the Ellenton area!

Reviewed 2 May 2011

It was horrible!!!! Rude little very uncarring girl behind bulletproff window for receptionist as they lock the lobby doors. We were there for a seminar and 3 other friends of ours neede to change rooms as well! We also saw many other people we did not know having troubless!!!! Never go there!!!!!

Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank DizzycatLA
Barbara C, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Ellenton, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2011

Hello and Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay at the Ellenton FL GuestHouse Inn. All of us at the GuestHouse take Bed Bugs very seriously. We literally cringe at the very thought of having them in one of our rooms. Our pest elimination program is a very aggressive one. I can assure you that room 204 has been treated, inspected and given a clean bill of health by our pest elimination technician. Thank you again for sharing your comments.

Reviewed 8 November 2010

Do NOT stay here. We stayed in this hell hole for one night. I first had to kill a few bugs in the bathroom. Then my husband saw bugs on the night stand and in the drawer of the night stand. BUT, the absolutely worse thing happened the next morning. I went to pick up my jeans and put them on, and roaches scurried out from under them! That was awful. I let out a scream, loud enough to wake the dead. We hurried up and tried to get out of the room. And I do mean TRIED. The lock on the door would not open. My husband had to bang on the lock to get the door to open.

I did go to the front desk and reported it. The staff coundn't have cared less. I also tried to tell them that the shower needed some Lysonl and a good scrubbing but that too fell on deaf ears. I do not know who owns this flea bag Hotel but don't stay there!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mary2326
TaraInn, Manager at Red Roof Inn Ellenton, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2010

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. Please accept my sincere apologies for the issues you experienced at the Ellenton GuestHouse. We take our guests' comments very seriously. A review such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. Your comments have been addressed with our maintenance and housekeeping staff. We do hope you will give us another opportunity in the future.

Reviewed 31 May 2010

Two friends and I booked this room for Friday and Saturday night. We were in town for a dog show and this hotel was listed as one of the local hotels that takes dogs. When we checked in the desk clerk had given our ground floor room to someone else. When we finally got a room, we went to find it. There were lots of local migrant workers hanging out in the parking lot. When opening the door we found the room horrible. Each room has a dehumidifier in it as the mold and mildew was unbelievable. It put our more heat than the air conditioner could put out cold air. We had to go to walmart to get Lysol so we could clean the bathroom just to use it. The carpeting was wet from the Ice Machine next door leaking. The bath towels were a joke. Hear people outside the door in the halls at all hours. The beds felt like you were sleeping on springs. WE WILL NEVER NEVER NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank bluecowdog
Reviewed 3 May 2010

Although this motel is very close to the highway, it's also directly on a very pleasant lake, which is great to enjoy breakfast while watching the sun rise.

I found this motel very clean, and quiet. The beds were comfortable, and I appreciated having a refrigerator to cool my drinks off in. There was a clean looking swimming pool, which I didn't take advantage of. The breakfast was mostly starchy, but I could have made a meal of it if necessary. The coffee was surprisingly good in the lobby. I didn't bother to make coffee in my room.

Overall, I think it was excellent value for money. For a Fri/Sat booking, my bill was $117 with tax. As a single woman traveling on business, I felt safe, and this was a bargain motel.

There is also an outlet mall almost directly across the interstate from this motel, but I was too tired after work to enjoy it.

Please see my reviews on restaurants close by - one was horrendous!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 March 2010

I'm not sure where to begin. They don't treat the "guest" in Guest House Inn well at all! God forbid you'd like to dry off after a shower, you'll get a careless attitude from the front desk and the same from the housekeeping. If you wanna keep your head comfy during your sleep, don't expect to be helped in that area either. A snooty attitude is only complimented by the dirty sock smell of the rooms. There's probably a reason that the Guest House Inn is hidden behind the Waffle House, it doesn't deserve a spot on the main roads of Ellenton.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ellenton
Sleep Inn & Suites Riverfront - Ellenton
Comfort Inn Near Ellenton Outlet Mall
Quality Inn North
Quality Inn North
#14 of 21 in Bradenton

Been to Red Roof Inn Ellenton? Share your experiences!