“Good for the price” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Ellenton
Grant
“Good for the price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2012

We stayed here while in town for a dog show. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. They had fresh fruit and doggie biscuits at the front desk. The rooms are dated but clean and comfortable. Not bad for the price. Very dog friendly, they even have poop bags available at the front desk if needed. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2012

First of all I do believe that who wrote anything positive about this place is blind and can't smell. We pulled up and I thought that I would give it a chance. Front desk clerk wasn't too pleasant. It was raining and apparently the roof was leaking because there was buckets and water dropping from the ceiling; we get our room key and open it up; the smell of mold and mildew was horrendous. The place had bugs everywhere and was actually infested with spiders. Had one drop on my head while I was putting everything in the room. The walls had actial dirt on them. Maybe where somebody had kept a pet,Better off ANYwhere else

• Stayed June 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Ellenton hotels

Traverse City, MI
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2012

I've stayed at the Guesthouse once a year for the past 4 years. It is not a Holiday Inn, but we don't spend much time in the room anyways. This year the rooms where actually cleaner than the past years! Pool area needs some sweeping and wiping of chairs though. Staff is extremly helpful and went out of their way to meet our needs! We had fun and will be back next year....Anna Maria Oyster Bar right next door...great food! Get a free Cocktail with your room key!

Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank MInone4
Barbara C, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Ellenton, responded to this review, 7 May 2012
I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us at the GuestHouse Inn and that your stay with us regularly. Our staff strives to provide clean accommodations and a friendly atmosphere for all our guests and we are tickled that you noticed!

I look forward to your return visits where we will do our best to exceed your expectations.
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

We found the hotel to be a great "bang for your buck." It was simple, yet clean and comfortable. Everything was in good condition and worked. The staff was great and the breakfast satisfactory. All in all, it was a good experience and I would stay there again.

Room Tip: We liked the first floor just outside the pool area which was quiet and shut down at night.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dannielle44
Milford, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

Don't stay here unless you like skeevy. I was visiting friends in Palmetto and was looking for a cheap place to sleep and shower. This motel was scary. I refused to take off my flipflops inside the room. The toilet seat had urine stains on it as if the maid hadn't wiped it down in awhile. I kept waking up in the middle of the night feeling like things were crawling on me this place had me so creeped out. The bed was fine and the linens appeared and smelled clean. The blanket had burn holes in it from a smoking room I'm assuming.

Room Tip: Pick a different motel
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Barbara C, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Ellenton, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Thank you for your recent review. I am sorry that the hotel did not meet your expectations. We use TripAdvisor reviews as a training tool and will definitely be sharing your comments with our Housekeeping Staff to assist them in making improvements. Again, we apologize your experience was so poor.
Fort Lauderdale
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2011

I was already booked at this hotel when I ran across the terrible reviews for this site. I was within the period of cancellation so I called the hotel to see what they'd let me do to cancel. They suggested to come and LOOK at the room and If I wasn't happy, I could cancel the reservations.
There's NOTHING wrong with this place! It's located on a pretty waterway with an alligator in a wetlands area right behind the pool. I'm a regular Marriott and Starwoods Preferred Guest and when on a business trip I would have stayed there for an extra $100.00 a night. This was just for a nights sleep and nothing fancy so I didn't want to spend the extra bucks. The room was clean, the refrigerator, TV, AC and coffee maker worked just fine! I have NO COMPLAINTS and believe me if I did...I'd post them! This isn't the Four Seasons, but it isn't the salvation army either! Give this place a shot...it's the best deal in town!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank MrClean1982
Barbara C, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Ellenton, responded to this review, 21 November 2011
Thank you for your review of the Ellenton GuestHouse Inn. We appreciate your comments and are happy to hear you think of us as a good location at a reasonable price. We hope to see you here on your next trip into the Ellenton area!
La Place, Louisiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2011

It was horrible!!!! Rude little very uncarring girl behind bulletproff window for receptionist as they lock the lobby doors. We were there for a seminar and 3 other friends of ours neede to change rooms as well! We also saw many other people we did not know having troubless!!!! Never go there!!!!!

Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank DizzycatLA
Barbara C, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Ellenton, responded to this review, 14 November 2011
Hello and Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay at the Ellenton FL GuestHouse Inn. All of us at the GuestHouse take Bed Bugs very seriously. We literally cringe at the very thought of having them in one of our rooms. Our pest elimination program is a very aggressive one. I can assure you that room 204 has been treated, inspected and given a clean bill of health by our pest elimination technician. Thank you again for sharing your comments.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ellenton
Super 8 Ellenton Bradenton Area
Sleep Inn & Suites Riverfront - Ellenton
Hampton Inn Ellenton
Hampton Inn Ellenton
#1 of 4 in Ellenton
Hampton Inn & Suites Bradenton Downtown Historic District
Americas Best Value Inn-Bradenton/Sarasota
BEST WESTERN PLUS Bradenton Hotel & Suites

Been to Red Roof Inn Ellenton? Share your experiences!