“Huge Disappointment”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Bradenton, Florida
“Huge Disappointment”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Went to Gio's/Ellenton with a friend last night after a 2 year absence. Must say - very disappointed and won't give it a 3rd chance.

Here's how the evening went - sat outside - asked twice for water - finally had to go inside and ask - waiter brings one glass of water (I guess we were supposed to share). No waiter -so went inside to ask for one glass of wine and salt, pepper etc. - waiter brings 2 glasses of wine and no salt/pepper.

We ordered a calamari appetizer, spinach salad, and a large pizza -all to share:

The calamari and salad come out at the same time and a few minutes later the pizza comes out - so by the time we get to the pizza it's lukewarm. The calamari was just huge fried dough balls that didn't even taste like calamari-truly, the worst I've ever had, and the $10 salad was so small - not a great value. The only saving grace of the evening was that the lukewarm pizza was good.

We all know that a good waiter can make even a dismal evening turn out ok, but our waiter must have had a bad day because he was in no mood to be cheery - we truly felt like we were bothering him. He was rushing us to finish and leave! Halfway through the lukewarm pizza he comes over to ask if we are done and would we like a to-go box.

Needless to say - a very poor dining experience.

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank Bogeyman1

Medfield, Massachusetts
“The Price Is Not Right!”
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

Stopped here for dinner after visiting Dali Museum in Tampa. Nice place on a corner near outlet mall. Waitress was nice but not experienced or well trained. Asked price of a draft beer as menu did not have this. She answered " I don't know." When she brought them I thought she might tell us but she did not.
Brought bread and dipping oil but no plates to catch drips. Ordered Focaccia which came with sauce that was good. My Eggplant Parmigiana was not remarkable but the spaghetti was al Dante and the portion was generous. My wife liked her Ziti with sausage and peppers.
When the bill arrived the Focaccia was a dollar more than what was listed on menu. I asked waitress about this and she left to inquire. Her answer - " They have raised the prices of some items but have not changed the menus yet."
What?!
There is no excuse for this and I would have liked to give no stars but the food was not bad and the pizza actually looked pretty good.
Can't charge prices different than that listed on menu and expect customers to return.

Sarasota, Florida
“Great Itaian!”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Perfect for couples!
Veal parm was PERFECT!
Caprese was fresh!
Salad was super tasty!
Canole and cappuccino was the perfect ending!

Visited March 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Do it!”
Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

Great food. Great wine! Great Service! Very happy with everything. Highly recommend! Very clean with authentic Italian food!

Largo, Florida, United States
“Never again”
Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

The manicotti came out ($12) and it looked like two previously frozen pieces you might serve to a child. No bread, no salad, NOTHING! I would be embarked to serve that dish. My chicken parm was like two inert show soles. Skinniest pieces of chicken ever served to me. Again, no bread, no salad for $15. Then, when we were finished with the meal, our order if garlic cheese bread came to the table. I told her to send it back. She asked if I wanted a box.....hahaha...um....no.
My overall opinion of this place, a highly decorated pizza joint trying to serve Italian food. Do yourself a favor and go to Ferraro's down the street!!

• Visited January 2014