“Will try again when we are 70”
Review of Gulf View Grill

Gulf View Grill
Ranked #8 of 110 Restaurants in Englewood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: QOverlooking the beautiful Gulf of Mexico offering spectacular sunsets and great food. Voted best of the best year after year.
Venice, Florida
“Will try again when we are 70”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I'm surprised by how busy this restaurant is. Granted, we were there in "season" (end of March) but we were extremely underwhelmed. Where to start: we sat down at a wobbly table near the bar. About 10 min later the bartender came over - without smiling - nothing warm about him at all - and told us about the non-existent beer selection. So I ordered a cosmo, which came with a lime wedge but was otherwise not bad. We reviewed the menu; extremely boring (I assume it is geared towards the much older crowd- we are 40 and maybe expected too much) but decided to try a grouper sandwich. The grouper was tasty but small- maybe a 3-4 oz piece? We were excited to try the "housemade chips" but disappointed when we realized they had been made much earlier in the day- they were soggy and gross. We won't be back- the Lock and Key and Flounders are so close by and leaps and bounds better- not to mention less expensive.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Robin0640

“Pretty good.”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We had a mussel appetizer that was great. The salads were fresh.the scallops were good and the pastas was good. The waitress was very knowledgeable about the menu. The red snapper had the dark veins left in it , so was very fishy. The waitress noticed the mistake and removed this item from our bill. Yes we would go back to this restaurant. The food that was good was very very good. The meals average around $20. Parking is difficult on this island.

Vail, Colorado
“Oysters and Cosmos on the deck :)”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Watched the sunset, was not rushed and enjoyed their very good cosmo and and dinner. Fairly priced, friendly staff and convenient location with easy parking.

“No soup for you !”
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Nice view true but so is my condo on the ocean side of the street. I asked for soup instead of....No! Was my reply and the waitress walked off as I asked for baby seal. I will say in defense the ribeye was good but service was below par. I really wanted to try the soup but I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

Visited April 2014
Columbus, Ohio
“Great Food and Great Service”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

My Husband and I had a terrific meal on a very busy night sitting at the Bar, Tracy was wonderful and even though it was busy and she was filling drink orders for the servers, she took fantastic care of us. Would recommend this place to anyone, great sunsets, great view, just perfect.