“Fantastic Place”

Gulf View Grill
Ranked #8 of 108 Restaurants in Englewood
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: QOverlooking the beautiful Gulf of Mexico offering spectacular sunsets and great food. Voted best of the best year after year.
Port Charlotte, Florida
“Fantastic Place”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

The Gulfview Grill not only has an excellent view of the Gulf at sunset and at all times...but the food is the best. This place is without a doubt the best place around. The staff is friendly and service is also topnotch. We have been there at lunch and dinner with family and with friends and were never disappointed.

• Visited April 2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice date spot”
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

I'm new to Englewood so I am trying all the ocean view spots. My boyfriend and I picked Gulf View Grill for date night last night. We were offered a seat right away on the patio or a 30 minute wait for a table inside. It was perfect weather with no wind outside so we were absolutely fine with an outside table. Our server was Sherri. She got our drinks promptly but when a few more tables were sat in her section she was obviously frazzled and overwhelmed. It took awhile to get our order. I am a server myself so I know what to ask or look for. When I ordered my salad, she didn't ask what dressing I would like. She brought us bread, forgot the butter and said hold on, the table that just left may still have butter. We finally got our french onion soup which was amazing! We will come back just for that soup. Awhile later, our salad and lobster roll came. She then said I forgot to ask you what kind of dressing you want for your salad. The lobster roll was good. The salad was ok. We loved the view and of course the soup but I would suggest putting a server on the upstairs patio that can handle a full section while under pressure. We'll be back to try the dinner menu.

1 Thank Jennifer M
Boca Grande, Florida
“Gulfview Who? ”
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

The location earns the rating alone. We recommend making a reservation for dinner so your able to get a seat along the window to watch sunset. We arrived early and had a round of drinks at the bar, the bartenders greeted us immediately and were extremely polite. The hostess/ floor manager were also very attentive and polite. They seemed to help the wait staff out tremendously on the floor. Unfortunately our good experience ended there. We sat at our table for at least 10 mins before we were even noticed by our server, who then immediately said she would be right there. When she finally arrived she decided not to tell us dinner specials, but other tables around us were given them. When we sat with empty glasses on our table for a while I decided to ask the bartender for another round which she just asked another server to approach our table. We ordered the calamari to start which was probably one of the worst plates we have had out during our travels. Very bland and chewy, not crispy like the menu describes. The house and Caesar salads that came before our dinners were okay at best. I ordered the steak filet medallions medium rare and they arrived well done, brought it home for the dog. My fiancé's steak with the blue crab meat was cooked perfectly but the strange odor coming off the crab meat was enough to ruin that meal. It had a strange chemical smell, words can not explain it. Our server never came back to check if everything came out correctly or tasted okay. The strangest part of our experience was when she finally dropped the check, she literally stood there hovering over my fiancé which made things very uncomfortable. I even tried to grab the check to look over it to see if she would walk away and she still stood there while we counted cash. Was rude and extremely awkward. Would come back for the bartenders service 100% , but for only that.

2 Thank ErinLee13
Rotonda West, Florida
“Great Friday Night !”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Had a great time last night ! Always a great time ! The owners are warming and welcoming ; their staff is terrific ; can't beat the atmosphere or the view. Great crowd (all ages) enjoying the delicious food and drink. Happy hour drink prices and great appetizers. Perfect for lunch, dinner or drinks.
Pete & Shirley

• Visited May 2014
FLORIDA
“"GREAT VIEW"”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

The Gulfview Grills' Monday and Tuesday night special are ribs and that was the reason why we went. It is difficult to do ribs in an outstanding way, IMHO. The Gullviews are about average in that department . Our server, Melissa, was outstanding. The view for the sunset was Walt Disney. The salad was delicious: a spring mix, not your ordinary iceberg. The wine was properly priced from what we see in other restaurants: a 200 to 300 % mark-up from retail.(We wish restaurants would not be so aggressive in their wine pricing.) The place was packed on the end of tourist season; we had asked for a window seat, but were denied because those are "first come, first served" according to the hostess taking reservations. The atmosphere is definitely the reason for going here. We have gone here before and probably will go back to try something different. If it weren't so loud, this could be a very romantic restaurant.

• Visited April 2014