All reviews large room covered parking stay there again cars passing mini fridge and microwave updated rooms under new ownership bit dated coffee maker busy road third floor flat screen the entire staff water pressure tile floors within walking distance cable tv
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

I found the Sun Coast Inn to be clean functional with updated rooms. Sure the hotel in near a busy road and there is road noise but over all it worked out well. The manager was very nice and called me to check on my arrival time.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank John_Paul02904
Reviewed 11 October 2017

The room was spotless and I was allowed to check in early. It is close to beaches and there is shopping and restaurants close by. You are given an actual key to get into your room. The door to my room was warped and it was a struggle to get it open. The bathroom smelled like mildew but none was visible. The tank of the toilet was loose and moved. The bed springs made noise every time you moved. It sounded like they were broken. The blinds on the windows were not sufficient to keep light out and there were overhead lights on outside of the rooms all night long. There was a light on the table between the beds that couldn't be used because there was no outlet close by. I left 1 night early even though I was being charged for it because I couldn't sleep.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank travelgal626
Reviewed 30 September 2017

We had a very early flight and the staff did their best to get us into our room early, only making us wait about 10 minutes which we GREATLY appreciated. We were there visiting for a local family reunion so we had a block of rooms. The entire staff was warm and accommodating! Our room was spacious and very clean. The bathroom is a bit dated, but I think they're in the middle of doing some renovations/updating. Our room faced the back of the hotel, which I was happy about. The people who faced McCall, said it was very noisy with the cars passing by all night. The staff moved their room immediately which was nice. There is an in ground pool that looked clean, but we didn't have the time to enjoy it. The location is good as most things are within a few miles either way. Our king sized bed was SUPER comfortable, I must say. Our room also had a fridge, blow dryer, maid service daily, table and chairs, tv and microwave. The rooms are very well priced for what you get. When visiting the area, I will stay here again.

Room tip: Ask for a room that faces the back of the hotel
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2017

Nice place to stay, room was big and clean and daily maid service did a good job of keeping the room clean. The pool area was nice, and covered parking kept the car cool. The management was friendly and asked almost daily f everything was up to par (which it was). The location is convenient to local attractions.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank paulge78
Reviewed 22 July 2017

We went to Englewood to visit family who were down on vacation. I booked this motel based on TripAdvisor ratings, reviews, and distance from the place family was staying. I was very pleased with the whole experience. Check in was quick and easy. The motel is pet friendly - 2 pet limit $15 fee per pet per night which I thought was a bit steep, but we didn't have ours with us anyway. It is really easy to find from US 75, we found it with no problem at all. We were in room 202 which is in the front. If you aren't used to traffic noise, you will definitely want to request a room in the back since the front directly faces the highway. This is a renovated 1950s era property, and as such, it has some issues which I'll get to later. The room was BIG! high ceilings, tile floors, nicely redone sink area and bathroom. The most impressive thing was how CLEAN it was! We had 2 queen beds which were very comfortable. The windows only had blinds, no curtains. We were very pleased to find a full sized coffee maker instead of the dinky ones motels usually have. Nice clean mini fridge and microwave in the room. Small table and chairs by the TV. Cable channels were a bit limited, but adequate for our needs. Free WiFi worked just fine. Shower was nice, good water pressure, very clean. A/C unit took a while to cool the room, but once cooled, it maintained temp perfectly. This motel is super close to Walmart, a few auto parts stores, a tire place, and lots of restaurants. We had dinner at Landy's which is just up the road and a local hangout. Awesome!! There's an Italian restaurant right next door, and a pricey Carribbean restaurant across the street. The beach is literally 5 minutes away. There is an ice machine on the 2nd floor. Our room had a connecting door to the room next door which might be a nice thing for families traveling together. The drawbacks to this place were - noise from the highway but that didn't really bother us, it might bother you. Room was big but echoed because of the tile floor. We were only given 1 key to the room and it was an old fashioned actual key! It's a little ways off the Interstate, not a quick on and off if that's what you need while traveling. All in all, it was a good stay and we would very definitely stay again!

Room tip: If noise bothers you, definitely ask for one in the back.
Date of stay: July 2017