“Friendly and charming Florida cottage” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Paradise Cove At Lemon Bay

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Englewood
Paradise Cove At Lemon Bay
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Friendly and charming Florida cottage”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2012

This is the perfect getaway if you are looking for a peaceful property with fully appointed units. The views and sunsets from unit 5 are stellar and inspiring, and I found the furnishings to be comfortable and practical whether relaxing, reading or working while enjoying the view of the bay from the large picture window. The kitchen was updated and fully stocked, making cooking and dining in easy. This quaint resort will easily become an annual getaway, and is perfect for short or longer stays in the area. Perfect for families (including the dog!) but also quiet enough for retiriees looking to relax or explore the many sights just a short drive away.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
9 Thank avidtraveller38

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
germantown
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

When I booked the unit for January, 2012, Jason said it was at the back of the property. I didn't know it was across the road. As we entered the unit, the ceiling fan was going clickety click. After a few minutes, we heard a very loud noise. I went outside to discover it was the ac unit rattling. The house next door commented about the loud ac unit he heard in his house severel feet away (he saw me out back).There was only one pillow on the bed, only one beach towel size blanket ,and evertime you turned, the bed creaked. The sheets were as thin as gauze. The shower drain backed up. Sunday night upon returning from watching sunset, we found ants on the kitchen counter. They did spray, but no one tried to find the source. When Richard's assistant came over to spray, I showed him pet feces behind the table. I don't know how long it had been there. As I was looking for the source of the ants, I found the kitchen sink drain leaking badly. The plumber was there late Monday to fix the sink and shower drain. Ants appeared in the kitchen again Tuesday and we had ants in suit cases Wednesday morning as we were leaving.(we had placed the suitcases on the floor to pack) Wi-fi did not work for couple days. Richard did finally come over to get it working.There was a comcast remote, but no instructions how to access cable. Toilet was loose.
Ken and Jo from Ohio

Room Tip: The sign says luxury units. Some may be, but not unit #9.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank ken750
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2011

If you are looking for the Ritz..this is not it. But if you want the feeling of staying at a dear friend's Guesthouse,you've found the place. My husband and I vacationed here recently and had a wonderful visit. We saw manatees right off the dock of this magical place! We have traveled all over and I would definitely come back. The manager,Richard,was at our beck and call. Yes, it is an older place but with lots of modern amenities..beautiful kitchen and baths. The town is very quiet,friendly and the beaches are gorgeous...blue water and white sand. I was more relaxed here than in Hawaii a few months ago! Also some really good restaurants such as Food Is Love and Mango Bistro...We got a bonus treat of sharing drinks with one of the owners,Ed,out on the dock two nights. We had a fabulous time! Loved it all!!!

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank Bhardesty
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2011

My first visit to Englewood and Paradise Cove was in Feb 2010, with a return visit in Jan 2011. The property is peaceful and relaxing, allowing for hours of reading in the sun at the water's edge, fishing from the private dock, or just enjoying the scenic views of Lemon Bay and the stellar sunsets in the evening. The unit I stayed in was clean and modern with flat screen TVs and wireless internet, but still had the unique and charming feel of a private beachside cottage. I loved the town of Englewood and found several great restaurants, galleries and shops. Fellow guests were friendly and the property manager was welcoming and readily available to accomodate us. I will be returning soon!

Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Havertown,PA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2010

Based onthe web site i arranged for a one week stay here.we arrived to find the place below what i would call middle of the road.the neighborhood is in the decline and does not make it feel safe for guests after dark.the outward appearance is of a 1950,s motel on the route 66.the main office has a handy mans special repair of tar around the sky lights.you see this unsightly mess as you drive out the narrow driveway.
the room(upgraded,they said)smelled of disuse and dampness with a hint of smoke.
this was not what we expected .i told the manager that we would not stay.he offered an larger unit,which we did not need.
after a few days i called and asked for a 5 night return of my money.
out of the blue jason,manager,said i was threatening him.i was asking for consideration on unused time,but willing to forgo two nights.
they did not show any outside frontal pictures or a true picture of the very narrow beach.
i just hope some people dig deeper than i did so they do not have to go thru what we went thru after a long travel day

ANCE IS BELOW A 1960 MOTEL .THE OFFICE ROOF HAS TWO LARGE HOME OWNER SPECIAL REPAIRS THAT YOU SEE WHEN YOU LEAVE.
THE UPGRADED ROOM WE WERE SHOWN SMELLED OF DAMPNESS AND DISUSE.THERE WERE ANTS CRAWLING UP BY THE DOOR ,HEADED FOR THEIR LAIR, I GUESS.VERY POOR APPEARANCE AND WE WERE THE ONLY GUESTS??

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
8 Thank windyknob
Also consider these accommodations in or near Englewood
Sun Life Beach Hotel
Hampton Inn and Suites Bayside Venice
Pearl Beach Inn
Pearl Beach Inn
#1 of 10 in Englewood

Been to Paradise Cove At Lemon Bay? Share your experiences!