“pleasantly surprised”

Flounders Restaurant and Tiki Bar
Ranked #11 of 108 Restaurants in Englewood
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Grill
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, View, Local cuisine, Groups, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Flounders offers fresh seafood dishes to delight any appetite. From our salmon, to live Maine lobsters, New England classic clams and oysters, to southern Louisiana crayfish, we have it all. We bring the ocean to your table. Relax...there are no worries here. Just great food, happy, friendly people, great service and plenty of drink selections. Our goal is to give you an experience that will keep you coming back time and time again. We have something for everyone, whether it's quiet inside dining or cobblestone street dining where you can hear the music and still have great conversation. Tiki dining is in the front of the band and if the weather is cool we can close the weather curtains for your comfort and still have the feeling of outside dining. Or why not dine at a picnic table on our beach and take your shoes off? ​ Our beach has many acitvities to entertain you and the kids - play cornhole or hooker games, fish off the dock or just lounge with a cold cocktail in one of our Adirondack Beach Chairs. At night we will have a warm fire in our fire pit so you can relax and enjoy the wonderful Florida Gulf Coast.
Chicago, IL
“pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I was expecting bar food and wasvery peasantly surprised with my broiled grouper dinner. The vegetables and rice sides were good. Great beer list.

Florida
“Fun place with good food”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We really enjoyed eating at Flounders outside -under tiki huts with our feet in the sand and a nice band set up nearby for entertainment. The food was good - especially the founder. Drinks were pretty weak though. Fun bean toss games for the kids. Wait staff were very friendly - great place to go.

• Visited March 2014
Englewood, Florida
“Best Burger I have Ever Had”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

3 years ago, we tried this place right after it opened. Not so great. But with a change of chefs, menus, seating, and amenities, Flounders has won me over. The Tiki Burger beats any burger I have ever had and I highly recommend it. But I suspect their other style burgers are just as good. So I will be going back to try them as well. My wife had blackened grouper sandwich, which she orders everywhere we go. Again, Flounders was the best she has ever had. We will go back!

Indiana
“Top notch place to eat”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Looking for a top notch place to eat and good service. This is the place. There is music and games. You can dine inside or out. Bar service inside and out. Within walking distance to the Englewood beach. I had the shrimp, which was wonderful. My friend has MaiMai Fish. She said it was the best she has had. We did get squid for an appetizer. My first try. For me it didn't tats like much. My friend said she has had better. My other fried had the beer batter fish. She said it was great.

Venice, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hidden treasure of fun”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We found Flounders today & stopped in for a drink & appetizer. The staff is so pleasant, the place is right of the water, the band was playing, we had such a wonderful time. Their seafood gumbo soup was excellent, their fried calamari was great, the specialty drink for today was cold & yummy. We will be back to see the dance band on Friday night. Can't wait to bring our friends there too.