“Great vacation getaway”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Englewood
Englewood Beach and Yacht Club
Ranked #1 of 2 Englewood B&B and Inns
Covington, Georgia
“Great vacation getaway”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I have been a member of EBYC since I was 15 yrs old that would be over 30 years. I have never had a problem that the management has not fixed right away. The management has always been respectful and courteous. If you are looking for a 5 star hotel this place is not for you. If you are looking for a nice relaxing and peaceful getaway this is the place. I have a unit on the beach and occasionally have problems with the sliding doors but what do you expect with the saltwater blowing your way year round. Noting a little oil wont fix. There are a couple of bars, restaurants, and bait shops within walking distance and well as a marina across the street to dock a boat or jet ski or to just relax and fish. Can not wait to go again this year. I usually stay during the week of Halloween, there are plenty of costume parties to attend, this is a great way to meet the locals. There are plenty of golf courses and things you can do with children or as a couple.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
8 Thank kasaundra13

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Florida/Ny
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I live 20 minutes from this resort and have it as a timeshare. The one week in August is my "staycation" and when I cross the bridge over the bay, I make believe I am at an island resort in the Tropics. My unit is well maintained with a big bedroom and a screened in terrace that overlooks the bay. Music can be heard at night from the open restaurant a few doors on my left. I enjoy my breakfast there every morning watching the wildlife along the water's edge and the boats, kayaks and canoes making their way out to the gulf.

Across the street is the Gulf of Mexico and lots of shells to look over and bring back as keepsakes. If you get tired of the gulf, you can go back across the same street and relax by the pool.

The staff is very helpful and friendly and I always find this week very relaxing before I gear up for the "season" of snowbirds and packed-filled days of activities as I volunteer as a cook and recreation organizer for a community.

Ah,,,,,EBYC......my savior!

Room Tip: If you have trouble with stairs, ask for something on the first floor as there are ramps from the pa...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank katieiam
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I was very disappointed by the experience I had at the actual EBYC itself. First off, I had a room by the pool and I guess because the rain blows directly on the wooden door, it swells. I had a lot of trouble closing the door and opening the door. I would have to open the door all the way and slam it shut pulling/pushing all my weight on it so I could close it and lock it. The dining table was all wobbly and the sliding glass door was also extremely difficult to open and close. The morning after my family had slept in the beds, I was sitting on the couch when I saw a bug crawling. I put the bug in a zip lock baggie and looked it up on the internet. It was a bed bug. Yes, there were bed bugs in that bed. My kids that slept in that bed were bit up from head to toe from bed bugs. We had to wash and dry EVERYTHING. When we told management about all of the problems with the room, they said that they were sorry and they moved us to the room next door. The same problems with the table, sliding glass door, and front door occurred. When we told them about this, (especially the front door because I smashed my fingers trying to close that) the guy shrugged his shoulders and said, "Can't fix it." Needless to say, I won't be going back. The location, however is wonderful and I think I'll try some of the hotels around EBYC, but not EBYC.

Room Tip: If you have to stay there, stay at the beach house. But there is no guarantee that bed bugs won'...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Saleigh R
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 17 June 2013

We have stayed here more than a few times and love it. They have what they call "the beach house" directly on the gulf of Mexico, and it's where we love to stay. It's a one bedroom unit in a building of 4 units, and the view is phenomenal. It's always clean, well cared for, and quiet.

The main part of the resort is on the Bay side of the barrier island, and while they have all of the amenities there including laundry, grills, pool and hot tub, we have not stayed in the units that are part of the main resort. Our favorite is the beach house because there's a view of the gulf from your unit.

The beach is relatively vacant, even in normally crowded times, and the view is phenomenal. There are no beach chairs allowed overnight during turtle nesting season (State Law) but there are chairs on the balcony overlooking the gulf and on the little "porch" area just outside of the unit.

If you're looking for a nice, well maintained, family friendly, calming atmosphere, then this is for you!

Room Tip: Ask for the beach house.
Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank BethTK
New York City, New York
Reviewed 6 December 2012

The Englewood Beach and Yacht Club is nice, clean and pleasant. The staff is very courteous and professional and will do anything to make your stay pleasant. If something breaks, they are up there in minutes resolving the issue. The view from the screened-in enclosed balcony over looking the bay is tranquil and peaceful. Literally across the street is the ocean. The pool and hot-tub is clean. Plenty of lounge chairs to relax. Kitchen facilities are good. Furniture is alittle worn, but clean. Englewood is a bedroom community. No tourist attractions, except for the over-priced bars (both in walking distance). But if you want a pleasant, quiet vacation, this is definitely the place to go. The closest major highway 41 (Tamiami Trail) is about 16 miles away. So it takes a little while to get to Sarasota, Puenta Gorda, Ft Myers, Port Charlotte, etc.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
14 Thank SteveM1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Englewood
Sun Life Beach Hotel
#2 of 13 in Englewood
Englewood Lighthouse Resort
Englewood Lighthouse Resort
#8 of 13 in Englewood

Been to Englewood Beach and Yacht Club? Share your experiences!