“Dennys is Dennys” 3 of 5 bubbles

Denny's
Ranked #59 of 105 Restaurants in Englewood
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Groups, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Brunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Port Charlotte, Florida
“Dennys is Dennys”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

If you have been to any Dennys, this one is the same. Good coffee, decent meals at a good price. The location is a bit difficult to navigate.

Visited May 2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,787 helpful votes
“SUPERB FOOD AT VERY REASONABLE PRICES”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

I am constantly amazed (and I should not be) how good and fresh the food is at this place. I ordered grilled Tilapia with cheesy mashed potatoes and broccoli, and the fish had fresh avocado slices and a tomato mixture on top. I ate the whole thing, it had just an amazing taste. My friend had ordered the pot roast and that too got rave reviews. Slavica was our waitress and she always does an amazing job. You can't go wrong at this place. Food is great and the price is right!!!!

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank mamamia70
Stavanger, Norway
“Ok breakfast, lousy dinner”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Our first attempt as this Denny's was breakfast, which was ok and served quickly and with a smile!
Second time around was Easter Sunday, with this place as one of the few choices that were open in the area. Not many customers, but service was slow, I think our waiter was also the manager or assistant manager, but she messed it all up, drinks and food and the whole thing. And she was almost impossible to get in contact with when we wanted an explanation. Very disappointing.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Poor Management”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

I would like to explain my poor service from This Denny;s. Specifically the Restaurant Manager Susie. My wife and I showed up for breakfast 06/01/2014 Sunday morning 9:25 am. We entered and were seated near the cash register station. After sitting for around 7 minutes, we were not greeted or acknowledged by anyone. 2 waitresses walked past us without saying a word. After another minute or so the hostess who seated us asked if we would like beverages. We ordered water with lemon. She promptly returned with them. Another 5-7 minutes went by and our waitress arrived. Who was the manager Susie. She said they were busy and asked if we would like to order.. Well of course. After 30mins we received nothing, no reason for the extensive wait. We did notice the table next to us were also still waiting. At 10:05 that same table received there food. After Susie left the last plate. I asked what might be wrong in the kitchen. She blurted out "NO COOKS" Now I am a cook and a Restaurant Manager and as you can imagine I am observant when I go out to eat. I understand wait times and what happens in the kitchen when it is busy. This place was busy but not even close to capacity. There were around 8 waitresses and 2 hostesses. I asked the manager/waitress when the food would be out, she responded after the table 2 down from us got there food, they were first. I said we have been waiting now 40 mins and were upset and wanted to leave. She shrugged her shoulders and walked away. We left. I'm sure you can figure out the questions I have and why a manager would be waiting tables, and if there was an issue with the kitchen why wasnt she in there helping, There seemed to be ample staffing on the floor. We wont return.

• Visited June 2014
“Poor Service Dirty”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

Service was extremely slow, yogurt and fruit was left out at prep station not put away in refrig., food and wrappers laying on floor, employees/servers were slow and not friendly. I would never return to this facility

Visited April 2014