“Tasty Homecooking by Donna - Excellent Stuffed Peppers Best I've Had Ever & Baked Yummy Baked Goods”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Donna's Naked Food Company
Ranked #37 of 110 Restaurants in Englewood
Cuisines: American
Englewood, Florida
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I've made Stuffed Peppers a few times and Donna's sure beats mine any day. Very well seasoned to perfection and homemade sauce on top. The baked breads looked so fresh and I would have loved to devour every loaf along with a stick of butter sitting on the table next to me :) We eat at many different restaurants in the area but are somewhat tired of the typical menu with same variety of fried foods. Walking into Donna's Naked Food Company was a 'breath of fresh air' with all the wonderful meals prepared so lovingly just like my Grandmother would make as well. It's comfort food at it's finest at Donna's! There is an excellent selection that are frozen and 3-4 entrees prepared fresh daily by Donna. You can tell Donna works hard to make sure each dish is cooked to perfection. We made a wonderful evening out tonight and thanks to Donna's Naked Food Company, we bought (2) Stuffed Pepper dinners (which consists of 2 very large stuffed green bell peppers). The peppers were enough for a meal and we wished we had grabbed some rolls or a fresh loaf of bread as well to soak-up the delicious tomato sauce that went along with the Stuffed Peppers. We did buy dessert though, so we had another tasty treat after our meal. I had the Cinnamon Streusel Coffee Cake, which was rich, buttery and cinnamony and my husband had 2 chocolate brownies with peanut butter frosting and he said they were excellent. My husband is a bakery connoisseur, so I know he'll be back to sample some of Donna's other mouth-watering baked goodies sitting in the glass case. It's was the perfect plan as we picked-up our dinner at Donna', drove to Englewood Beach and sat under the pavilion to dine and then took a very long walk on the beach, which made the end of the day relaxing and enjoyable. We wished we had found Donna's Naked Food Company 2 1/2 years ago when we first moved to Englewood because we like the nice change of convenient home-cooked meals once in a while. Donna's is a gem that I would recommend to anyone. They even have coffee in the morning with baked goods. There is one small table in front outside to sit down to enjoy a quick bite. There's also a small park about 1/8th mile away from Donna's on the same side of the road with a Pavilion to enjoy a good sandwich as well. This is a good option for vacationers who do not want to or can't cook at their place but not pay the high prices to dine out for each meal as well. Each dinner entrée is only $5.95. I'm not sure if Donna offers full dinners including rolls or sides, but I will surely check into it. If you have a super-size appetite, I'd recommend getting rolls to go with it, or, a side from the deli (potato salad etc...). We'll back Donna!. Mon - Fri: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm, Sat: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm & Closed on Sundays. Get your baked goods on Saturday for Sunday morning. Note: this is not a dine-in restaurant - for take-out food only.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Kalari11

Cocoa Beach, Florida
“Simply Delicious”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Home cooking at its best. My wife and I have been going to Donna's for the past eight months and found all of her dinners to be delicious. The portions are generous and the prices inexpensive. Her breads and bakery are not to be missed. Call ahead to find out the 3 to 4 dinners that are being freshly prepared each day.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank LarK68
Englewood, Florida, United States
“Love this-can't cook for 2 this cheaply!”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

What a find! Premade dinners, either fresh or fresh frozen, fresh baked goods, salads, sandwiches, homemade soups and amazing FRUITCAKE, all ready to pick up and go! Especially perfect for "just the two of us" and a person (me) who doesn't like to cook! Tastes as awesome as it looks!

• Visited May 2014
Worcestershire, United Kingdom
“Good idea”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Only been here a few times. All the food tastes great. The soups have been particularly good. Salads and sandwiches all very tasty. A good addition to the area.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Steve M
“Wonderful idea”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Small take out right across from where we were staying. Bake goods...yum. Two hot specials each day with other options in the freezer. Salads, sandwiches, two or three fresh made soups. Whenever we didn't eat out we got our food here. Highly recommend.

Visited March 2014