“Not as expected”

Price range: US$8 - US$22
Cuisines: Seafood, Grill
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We're a scratch kitchen specializing in freshly prepared and flavorful seafood, chicken, pork and beef dishes. We even make our own butter! We pride ourself on the friendly atmosphere and invite you to come, Relax & Enjoy!
nuneaton
“Not as expected”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

We were really looking forward to eating here having read other Trip Advisor glowing reports and a new place to eat in the area. But I must say we were disappointed. If we had turned up without reading any reviews I would have reported it as an OK diner but it did not live up to my expectations. We were seated in a back corner with a view of the emergency exit and restrooms. The food was served efficiently and although my wife's meal was OK my fish and chips were not up to a good standard, the batter too thick and hard and the chips overcooked. We may have turned up on a bad night so we will give it another chance on our next return to the area. You don't get all these good reviews for nothing.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank popesterNuneaton

Englewood, Florida
“So Long, Farewell.....”
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Codfather's was the best restaurant in the Englewood, FL area. Very sorry to find the doors closed. Hopefully this will be a temporary situation and they will open elsewhere in the area. Best wishes to the owners an staff. You are missed!

• Visited November 2013
4 Thank Mikal39
Elizabeth K, Owner at Codfather's Seafood & Grille, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words. It was an absolute pleasure serving folks like you; it's something I quite miss.

Best regards,
Liz Kishbaugh
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“best little restaurant”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

was driving down to boca grande seen restaurant,man the food was fantastic,the micro-beers cold ,owner,staff are the most friendly people. I well be back. ARMANDO, PITTSBURGH,PA.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank armando n
Dighton, MA
“Great Service! Good food!”
Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

Dinner for 4 with tax & tip including 1 bottle wine $125 ! Twin lobster tails were delicious , but very small, baked potato & salad were great! Fried whole belly clams were good! Our waitress was Candace and she was Awesome! Very attentive service, adequate atmosphere , crowded on Friday night, but we got a table and were served in very little Time! We'll be back! Cheers!

Visited November 2013
“Great place!”
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Tried for the first time,based on recent reviews and was in agreement with the majority.All the staff was welcoming and very friendly. Owner present and checking on all tables. I had the cajun seafood. My only suggestion would be to make it with more spice, however, I would order it again and I'm sure they would kick it up a notch. Everything coming out of the kitchen looked great as well. I love to see a local small business serving great food. Keep up the great work.I will be back.

• Visited October 2013