“Just like every other sports bar you've ever been to.”

Prime Time Steak & Spirits
Ranked #39 of 111 Restaurants in Englewood
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican, Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Prime Time Steaks & Spirits is a classic American steakhouse in Englewood, FL. Our menu features award winning steaks,ribs,prime rib, fresh seafood, southwestern cuisine and world famous margaritas.
Reviewed 15 April 2014

If you like sports bars you'll probably like this place. If not, then you won't. Nothing really special about it to get me to go back there.

Mike B, Owner at Prime Time Steak & Spirits, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

I'm sorry to hear that you weren't wowed on your visit, Peter. Yes we have a sports bar theme in our bar area but our award winning menu, entrees and service make us much more. Since you are in Rotonda on our doorstep, I would welcome your feed back as to how we might further minimize the "Sports Baar" imiage .It's helpful to know what guests think, and we'll certainly look into ways to give you an even better experience on your next visit. Wishing you the best, and I appreciate your business.

Take care,

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Joanne took care of us well from start to finish. Steamed clams, prime rib. A fine dinner. We hadn't been to Prime Time, but had a fine meal and will be back.
The house wasn't full and that was fine with us. They had steamers as a starter and they were great. Tender, flavorful and a lot of them, not over or undercooked - just right. Served with drawn butter, lemon, and broth, the clams were an unexpected treat. The chips and salsa that came out with our drinks were crispy, thin and just right as well. The prime rib, the 10 oz serving, was delicious, served exactly as ordered. The meat was well marbled and my cut, rare, was perfectly seasoned and cooked. The medium cooked serving my wife had was just as good.
In a town where it seems every restaurant serves a lot of fish and seafood, it was nice to find a place that leans its menu toward meat eaters.

Mike B, Owner at Prime Time Steak & Spirits, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Thanks so much for visiting while in town, Bill! It sounds like you and your wife made some great choices from the menu, and I'm glad that you enjoyed Joanne's service, too. She'll be pleased to hear your comments! I appreciate you taking the time to write about your visit, and I look forward to seeing you the next time you're in town.

All the best,

Reviewed 3 April 2014

We have been in Florida since December, and we wanted a steak for dinner. We see lots of cars in the parking lot every time we go by, so we stopped in last evening about 7:30. We were seated right away, had great service, and we both ordered the NY strip steak, baked potato, salad with "house" dressing (peppercorn ranch), and drinks. The meal arrived "hot", and the steak was tender....
The furnishings were dated, decorated somewhat Mexican style, and the 12 oz NY steak was $22, did not include any other vegetables or even bread with the meal....the steak choices were a 6 oz filet, or the 6 oz NY or 12 oz NY. Other steak variations had sauce or blue cheese added. First time, we wanted to order "basic", and the dinners tasted good. The waitress said bbq ribs were specialty of the house, saw some being served as well as Mexican dinner items.

Mike B, Owner at Prime Time Steak & Spirits, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

Thanks for reaching out about your visit with us. However you leave me with the impression that you did not get complemantary chips & salsa, a soup or salad & potato or other side all of which come with our entrees and you were over charged for your New York steak which is $20.00. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed everything and hope I don't have a problem server who is working for themselves rather than the customer. We pride ourselves on offering quality at reasonable prices with fast, frendly service. If we have a problem please reach out and give us a call. We would like your next visit to be a 5 star one.
Thank You for taking the time to help make us better.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Service was poor,they ruined the black and blue salad. I could plainly see business was off. Sure can see wh, what a shame it was one of my favorite places. Won't be going back.

Mike B, Owner at Prime Time Steak & Spirits, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2014

Sorry to hear that we didn't impress you on your most recent visit. I hope you brought up the issues you had with your salad to your server. I would appreciate any more detail as to what you didn't like about your visit, and hope you'll give me a call at (941) 697-7799. Thanks for you business, and I hope to hear from you.

Take care,

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Lots of menu items, kid friendly, casual dress and perfectly cooked steak, crispy fish and chips. They don't take reservations, but we were seated pretty quickly after 7 PM. Service was attentive and friendly.

Mike B, Owner at Prime Time Steak & Spirits, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Thanks for visiting while in town! Your review is much appreciated, and I'm glad you got to try steak as well as the fish and chips. Hope to have you back whenever in the area!

All the best,