“Very disappointed” 2 of 5 bubbles

Prime Time Steak & Spirits
Ranked #38 of 105 Restaurants in Englewood
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Pub, American, Bar
Good for: Groups, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Prime Time Steaks & Spirits is a classic American steakhouse in Englewood, FL. Our menu features award winning steaks,ribs,prime rib, fresh seafood, southwestern cuisine and world famous margaritas.
London, United Kingdom
“Very disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Visited last week. We were not given complimentary chips and salsa. We did not ask for them as our soups came out very quickly. Soup was good. The meal that followed unfortunately was very disappointing. The steaks were not tender, the fish was bland and none of the meals were pleasing to the eye. This is the second time we went away disappointed and for that reason we will not return.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Mike B, Owner at Prime Time Steak & Spirits, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
I'm very sorry to hear that you were disappointed. It sounds like we dropped the ball on the food for you, but it's helpful to know so that we can look for areas of improvement. As a small business owner, every guest's review is appreciated, and I hope you'll consider returning to give us another try in the future.

Best wishes,

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“Good seafood, good service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

I wanted to go to johnny leverocks on my trip to Florida passing through Englewood. Unfortunately they shut at 9pm, when I arrived so I was pointed toward prime time.

The food we had was very good. I had the fisherman's platter and asked if I could add a crab cake which was no problem. My girlfriend had the mahimahi fish tacos.

I was advised to try the house salad dressing which was very nice.

We both enjoyed all the food we had and the service was very good. Very attentive waitress. Good place.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Mike B, Owner at Prime Time Steak & Spirits, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Great to hear you and your girlfriend enjoyed your visit! Thanks for leaving such detail in your review. It sounds like you made some great choices from our menu, and I'm glad you were impressed with the service, too. I hope you'll be able to visit whenever in the area again -- there's a lot more of our menu to explore!

Take care,
Rotonda
“Just like every other sports bar you've ever been to.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

If you like sports bars you'll probably like this place. If not, then you won't. Nothing really special about it to get me to go back there.

Visited February 2014
I'm sorry to hear that you weren't wowed on your visit, Peter. Yes we have a sports bar theme in our bar area but our award winning menu, entrees and service make us much more. Since you are in Rotonda on our doorstep, I would welcome your feed back as to how we might further minimize the "Sports Baar" imiage .It's helpful to know what guests think, and we'll certainly look into ways to give you an even better experience on your next visit. Wishing you the best, and I appreciate your business.

Take care,
Harrisville, NY
“Very pleasant meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

Joanne took care of us well from start to finish. Steamed clams, prime rib. A fine dinner. We hadn't been to Prime Time, but had a fine meal and will be back.
The house wasn't full and that was fine with us. They had steamers as a starter and they were great. Tender, flavorful and a lot of them, not over or undercooked - just right. Served with drawn butter, lemon, and broth, the clams were an unexpected treat. The chips and salsa that came out with our drinks were crispy, thin and just right as well. The prime rib, the 10 oz serving, was delicious, served exactly as ordered. The meat was well marbled and my cut, rare, was perfectly seasoned and cooked. The medium cooked serving my wife had was just as good.
In a town where it seems every restaurant serves a lot of fish and seafood, it was nice to find a place that leans its menu toward meat eaters.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mike B, Owner at Prime Time Steak & Spirits, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Thanks so much for visiting while in town, Bill! It sounds like you and your wife made some great choices from the menu, and I'm glad that you enjoyed Joanne's service, too. She'll be pleased to hear your comments! I appreciate you taking the time to write about your visit, and I look forward to seeing you the next time you're in town.

All the best,
Englewood, Florida
“Want a steak?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

We have been in Florida since December, and we wanted a steak for dinner. We see lots of cars in the parking lot every time we go by, so we stopped in last evening about 7:30. We were seated right away, had great service, and we both ordered the NY strip steak, baked potato, salad with "house" dressing (peppercorn ranch), and drinks. The meal arrived "hot", and the steak was tender....
The furnishings were dated, decorated somewhat Mexican style, and the 12 oz NY steak was $22, did not include any other vegetables or even bread with the meal....the steak choices were a 6 oz filet, or the 6 oz NY or 12 oz NY. Other steak variations had sauce or blue cheese added. First time, we wanted to order "basic", and the dinners tasted good. The waitress said bbq ribs were specialty of the house, saw some being served as well as Mexican dinner items.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Mike B, Owner at Prime Time Steak & Spirits, responded to this review, 12 April 2014
Thanks for reaching out about your visit with us. However you leave me with the impression that you did not get complemantary chips & salsa, a soup or salad & potato or other side all of which come with our entrees and you were over charged for your New York steak which is $20.00. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed everything and hope I don't have a problem server who is working for themselves rather than the customer. We pride ourselves on offering quality at reasonable prices with fast, frendly service. If we have a problem please reach out and give us a call. We would like your next visit to be a 5 star one.
Thank You for taking the time to help make us better.