“Poor Manager”

Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican, Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Prime Time Steaks & Spirits is a classic American steakhouse in Englewood, FL. Our menu features award winning steaks,ribs,prime rib, fresh seafood, southwestern cuisine and world famous margaritas.
Mims, Florida
“Poor Manager”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Arrived at opening time was first to be seated. Was told they needed to place specials in menu for the night. It was a weekend night; Menus arrive to find that there were none listed? Why the wait then. Later when asked about it they said oh, forgot to mark them for weekend meals. Chips came with salsa almost too sweet and chips were stale to point they needed to be replaced. Were told there were no other asked to cook fresh they said would open new bag. Ordered Grouper blackened sandwich came several small pieces that kept falling out. Asked cook /Manager about it he said they make it with one piece usually but if parts or any pieces are left they use them to save money. I said I was not happy, he said, OK!

• Visited July 2014
Mike B, Owner at Prime Time Steak & Spirits, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
I'm sorry to hear that we didn't wow your on your most recent visit, Morris. Thanks for reaching out about your experience, and I'll certainly be speaking with the staff about this. When you visited upon us just opening that evening, the specials were inserted in the menus just a few minutes later. I'd also like to point out that your server was quick to exchange your tortilla chips for an even fresher batch of our daily-made chips (never bagged).

As for the Blackened Grouper, there are always 2 pieces of fish used for the dish. We try to make everyone's visit to the restaurant enjoyable, and I'm disappointed to hear your complaints only after the matter. I wish we could've given you a top-notch experience then, but I hope you'll consider giving us another try!

“Nice little sports bar”
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

My wife and I tried this restaurant while on vacation. We had stuffed mushrooms for appetizer. They were good. Not as tasty as I hoped for, but still good. I had grouper at the waitresses recommendation. I did not love it but I did not hate. It was cooked very well, I might just not be grouper fan. My wife got the prime pasta. She loved it! Could not stop talking about it for hours! :-)

1 Thank gavenkh
Mike B, Owner at Prime Time Steak & Spirits, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
She couldn't stop talking about it for hours? That's exactly the type of impression we want to make, so I couldn't be happier to hear that's what you got, Gaven! Sorry you weren't a huge fan of your grouper, though! Next time you're in, be sure to let us know it wasn't quite up your alley and we'll happily point you in another direction on the menu. Thanks for the kind words and we'll hope to see you again soon!

Cheers,
“Lovely place to eat!”
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

We went as a group of 6 and everyone enjoyed what we ordered. 3 of us went for the steak, one had the fish tacos another the mahi mahi filet and also the crab cakes.

The service was great, the food came out very quickly, everything was cooked perfectly and the prime rib just melted in the mouth.

The one and only thing we felt could have been improved was that the mahi mahi fillet was slightly on the small side.

Overall, a really great place with even better food. We will definitely be going back again.

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank Megan R
Mike B, Owner at Prime Time Steak & Spirits, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
I'm very happy to hear that your group enjoyed their meals, Megan! Thanks for the kind words on the food and service, and I appreciate the feedback on the Mahi Mahi. Our meals are portioned with a substantial amount of food for every plate, but it sounds like we had a one-off day on your visit. I'm glad to read your review, and look forward to having you back for many more meals in the future!

Englewood, Florida
“Great variety, friendly service, very good food!”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

This restaurant is great for eat-in or take out. The sports bar area is great for watching your favorite game and has a fun atmosphere. It also has a larger dining area that is great for families. The quality and quantity of the food is great. There is also a gluten-free menu available. The restaurant is not fancy, but it's clean and comfortable, and you feel right at home when you dine here. They do have nightly specials, as well as early bird specials daily. We love their prime rib, filet, and ribs. Their Mexican selections, including the nachos, are quite good. We always seem to have good service, even when the place is jam packed with a waiting line. During the winter months and can get quite crowded, but much easier to dine without a wait during summer months.

• Visited May 2014
Mike B, Owner at Prime Time Steak & Spirits, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thanks for reaching out about your past visits with us! I really appreciate you taking the time to write such detail on what you enjoyed about your meal, and I look forward to having you back in the future. See you the nest time you're craving Prime Rib!

London, United Kingdom
“Very disappointed”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Visited last week. We were not given complimentary chips and salsa. We did not ask for them as our soups came out very quickly. Soup was good. The meal that followed unfortunately was very disappointing. The steaks were not tender, the fish was bland and none of the meals were pleasing to the eye. This is the second time we went away disappointed and for that reason we will not return.

• Visited May 2014
Mike B, Owner at Prime Time Steak & Spirits, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
I'm very sorry to hear that you were disappointed. It sounds like we dropped the ball on the food for you, but it's helpful to know so that we can look for areas of improvement. As a small business owner, every guest's review is appreciated, and I hope you'll consider returning to give us another try in the future.

Best wishes,