Lock 'N Key Restaurant & Pub
Ranked #7 of 112 Restaurants in Englewood
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Atamanchuk family and the entire staff welcome you to the Lock-N-Key where every entree is a “Specialty of the House.” Our menu items are made fresh from the finest available sources and prepared with loving care by our talented chefs. Please inform your server of any special request and we will do our best to accommodate you. Great food at great prices. Great entertainment several nights a week. Catch your favorite team on one of our many TVs with your friends or rival comrades. Soak up our gorgeous sunsets or come for lunch and glory in the warmth of Florida. No matter what the reason… we’ve got a table ready just for you. If you close your eyes you’ll hear the sounds of small waves tumbling on the gulf sand, the clatter of silverware as patrons dine, and some pleasant chatter amongst friends during a break in the evening’s musical entertainment. Your taste buds are stimulated by the smells of cooking garlic and steak searing on a grill, mixing with fresh odors coming from the salt-water beach across the street, and your body is caressed by a warm Florida breeze.
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I had dinner recently at the Lock and Key in Englewood. I understand that they have changed their motif considerably in the last few years and have tried to go more upscale. I can't compare with what they had previously but my recent visit was good. As far as the menu goes they have a decent selection including many fresh fish selections. I was with 3 others and we all agreed that the fish was done very nicely. The wine by the glass menu was "ok" and could have had a couple more upscale selections. The ambiance was a bit lacking as the dining area was one large room and you could hear all of the conversations nearby. All in all I would recommend the place because the food was very good and that is what I go for. The value was decent and nothing was overpriced. I suspect a nice sunset visit would be good as the location is right on the gulf. We came late and it was dark.

1  Thank traveloften028
Write a ReviewReviews (1,129)

Reviewed 19 November 2013

Went to the restaurant with friends and it turned out to be an enjoyable
evening. The food and service was very good,the portions being more
than enough. The atmosphere was lively especially around the bar,and that brings me to the happy hour which was unique and besides the food
will cause me to go back and try my luck! Worth a visit!

Reviewed 8 November 2013

We always hit Lock N Key for lunch a couple times while in the area. Great, casual place and the service is usually very good. My kids love to sit by the huge fish tank in the back and it keeps them occupied. I always get the Grouper Rocket sandwich which is amazing! It is lightly fried Grouper with melted swiss, cole slaw and thousand island dressing on Rye. I know it doesn't sound appetizing but they are known for it and it is really, really good. Desserts are good as well.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

not cheap, but you can't beat the location.

Angela was very nice to us, and our meal was very good. We saw the sunset and heard (new to us) the Drum Circle on Englewood beach.

An enjoyable experience.

1  Thank dee dee d
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We visited for lunch and it was just OK. The prices I felt were high and the service was not that great. There were only two of us and the server couldn't get our beverage orders right (we ordered one coke and one diet and got 2 diets so it wasn't that complicated). The food was just OK. We got a shrimp salad and a burger. The salad had greens that were wilted and browning, but the fried shrimp were excellent. The burger was overcooked and dried out when I had ordered it medium.

1  Thank KJ C