“Great View, Awesome Value!”
Review of Ko Ko Kai Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Englewood
Ko Ko Kai Resort
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Englewood
Rotonda West, FL
“Great View, Awesome Value!”
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Old Florida at it's best...as a local Florida girl who has seen many beaches, this is my favorite. I love staying here, you can't beat the view, and the locals are so much fun!! I have stayed here many times and it is also my mom's favorite place too!...Warning, this is not your average Breakfast in Bed kinda place, it's very kitchy and laid back here, with the right frame of mind, you are gauranteed to have the best time. Love, love, love the Ko Ko Kai, can't wait to go back!!

Room Tip: Get a gulf view room, for sure...top floor!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Alexia R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
sarasota
Reviewed 10 September 2012

Wonderful wildlife, from our balcony we saw dolphins, manatees and fish in the clear water. If you want a fancy hotel this is not your answer however, if you want a relaxing enjoyable stay with a view second to none, make sure you get a gulf front condo.

book it and enjoy your time there. WE sure did. This was our second trip there and they made numerous improvements over the past year.

The new managers were very helpful and accomodating.

Room Tip: request a gulf front room. We stayed in the Egret
6 Thank trish w
chicago
Reviewed 7 September 2012

Wow, the most pleasant Florida resort style stay ever. This place has got it all. Pacific coast type view, that reminded me of 7-mile drive in Monterrey, CA. A very pleasant, helpful staff, gorgeous sunsets, excellent fishing, access to all local shopping but secluded enough for full privacy. Recently remodeled with fully furnished one, two, or three bedroom units which we actually had to get a bigger unit and it was no problem at all with all the courteous staff. We have found a permanent vacation spot that is not as pricey as all the other local resorts. You don't have to bring anything but your swimsuit. Thank You Ko Ko Kai, we'll be back!

Room Tip: Unit 5 upstairs above the self-service Tiki-bar is excellent!
4 Thank Postalfamily
Lake Mary, Florida
Reviewed 6 September 2012

I have been going to Ko Ko Kai for as long as i can remember and this past August's visit was even more special because i took my son of 8 months for the first time. We were in a spacious 3 bedroom that was very accomadating to all of our stuff right on the water. It was so conveinant to play in the sand and water and then be able to hose him off on the deck and continue playing there right in front of our unit (and next to tiki bar):-) Every night we had dinner outside looking at the spectacular sunset and just enjoyed the night. AS always the staff were very friendly and daily asked what we needed. I love this place and will continue bringing my growing family here!
Chace Roberts
have great photos but they wont upload so i will add some later:-)

4 Thank Chace R
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 23 June 2012

My wife and I visit the Sarasota area once a year form the Netherlands. We chose to spend half of our two week vacation at Ko Ko Kai. Albeit not the Ritz, it was indeed a very nice stay for what we where looking for, the room was clean and nicely furnished and the view was spectacular. It was a relaxing stay and we wanted for nothing. We do intend on returning with friends on our next visit, hopefuly some time in October.

Room Tip: Judge rooms by the view.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Yohan V
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 16 June 2012

This place is a dump. You get a feeling of a trashy trailer park when you enter the property. Old, run-down, unpleasant, rooms are small, furniture and appliances are worn out. A sad looking place. Kids couldn't stand it. Left the next morning. Never come again. Don't waste your money; not acceptable even for an overnight stay.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank Agatha0000

Travellers are raving about these Englewood hotels

Valley Stream, New York
Reviewed 26 April 2012

I was recently at the Ko Ko Kai resort with my family. The view of the gulf was beautiful. The rooms were fine, but the best feature for us was the large living room/dining room/kitchen in the unit I had. As I said, I was there with my family - my sister and her family in one unit, my other sister and her family in another unit, my brother and his family in yet another and my mom and myself in the larger unit that was used as a gathering spot for everyone.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank prochegh
Also consider these accommodations in or near Englewood
Sun Life Beach Hotel
#1 of 10 in Englewood
Sun Coast Inn
Sun Coast Inn
#4 of 10 in Englewood

Been to Ko Ko Kai Resort? Share your experiences!