“Great weekend getaway”
Review of Ko Ko Kai Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Englewood
Ko Ko Kai Resort
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Englewood
Reviewed 27 January 2013

Just had an awesome stay with two friends I haven't seen in 10 years here, and cant say how cool it was. The view from the upper deck overlooking the gulf is spectacular. We got to kick back with sliders open and watch the best sunset we have ever seen. If you want a reasonable stay on the Gulf of Mexico (with a unreal view) without all the public style beach atmosphere, the Kokokai is it. Close to local great restaurants without the spring break type crowds. We caught alot of flounder right on the beach, thank you John (an excellent Kokokai resident fisherman). We already reserved for next month again. Thank You Steve!!

Room Tip: Unit 5 has it all
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank Postalfamily
There are newer reviews for Ko Ko Kai Resort

Reviewed 27 January 2013

I have already made reservations to return in June. My daughter and I just stayed for 2 nights. Wish we could of stayed longer. OMG the beach was prefect, and the view from are room picture prefect. Are room had everything we needed, and if you did need something just ask . The staff was more then helpful. If I could say this place needed something, I would say it needed nothing.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank karen m
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Old Florida at it's best...as a local Florida girl who has seen many beaches, this is my favorite. I love staying here, you can't beat the view, and the locals are so much fun!! I have stayed here many times and it is also my mom's favorite place too!...Warning, this is not your average Breakfast in Bed kinda place, it's very kitchy and laid back here, with the right frame of mind, you are gauranteed to have the best time. Love, love, love the Ko Ko Kai, can't wait to go back!!

Room Tip: Get a gulf view room, for sure...top floor!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Alexia R
Reviewed 10 September 2012

Wonderful wildlife, from our balcony we saw dolphins, manatees and fish in the clear water. If you want a fancy hotel this is not your answer however, if you want a relaxing enjoyable stay with a view second to none, make sure you get a gulf front condo.

book it and enjoy your time there. WE sure did. This was our second trip there and they made numerous improvements over the past year.

The new managers were very helpful and accomodating.

Room Tip: request a gulf front room. We stayed in the Egret
6  Thank trish w
Reviewed 7 September 2012

Wow, the most pleasant Florida resort style stay ever. This place has got it all. Pacific coast type view, that reminded me of 7-mile drive in Monterrey, CA. A very pleasant, helpful staff, gorgeous sunsets, excellent fishing, access to all local shopping but secluded enough for full privacy. Recently remodeled with fully furnished one, two, or three bedroom units which we actually had to get a bigger unit and it was no problem at all with all the courteous staff. We have found a permanent vacation spot that is not as pricey as all the other local resorts. You don't have to bring anything but your swimsuit. Thank You Ko Ko Kai, we'll be back!

Room Tip: Unit 5 upstairs above the self-service Tiki-bar is excellent!
4  Thank Postalfamily
Reviewed 6 September 2012

I have been going to Ko Ko Kai for as long as i can remember and this past August's visit was even more special because i took my son of 8 months for the first time. We were in a spacious 3 bedroom that was very accomadating to all of our stuff right on the water. It was so conveinant to play in the sand and water and then be able to hose him off on the deck and continue playing there right in front of our unit (and next to tiki bar):-) Every night we had dinner outside looking at the spectacular sunset and just enjoyed the night. AS always the staff were very friendly and daily asked what we needed. I love this place and will continue bringing my growing family here!
Chace Roberts
have great photos but they wont upload so i will add some later:-)

4  Thank Chace R
Reviewed 23 June 2012

My wife and I visit the Sarasota area once a year form the Netherlands. We chose to spend half of our two week vacation at Ko Ko Kai. Albeit not the Ritz, it was indeed a very nice stay for what we where looking for, the room was clean and nicely furnished and the view was spectacular. It was a relaxing stay and we wanted for nothing. We do intend on returning with friends on our next visit, hopefuly some time in October.

Room Tip: Judge rooms by the view.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Yohan V
Also consider these accommodations in or near Englewood
Sun Life Beach Hotel
#4 of 10 in Englewood
Weston's WannaB Inn
Weston's WannaB Inn
#2 of 13 in Englewood

Been to Ko Ko Kai Resort? Share your experiences!