“WANT TO STAR IN A PEEP SHOW? NO? THEN AVOID THIS "CHARMER"!”
Review of Beach Croft Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Englewood
Beach Croft Motel
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Englewood
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Stay here if you're an exhibitionist!!

We stayed at the Beach Croft for a week. It could be called "rustic" but what we experienced greatly outweighed any charm the facility might have had. The owners have tried to make this a charming little "garden" paradise near the beach. This is great upon initial observation but in doing so they have provided a habitat for many Florida Bark Scorpions! They have also built a raised wooden loft to provide a view. This shabby structure was so poorly constructed that 2 of us (about 350 lbs. together) made it wobble so badly that we feared it was going to fall over. This was typical of the motel. It was all crudely remodeled; a completely jimmy-rigged, honey-do makeover. Our bathroom door couldn't close completely because it was so poorly installed. I had to correct the cable connection to get any television stations. I also had to fix the toilet seat so that important body parts didn't get crushed. Needed repairs for this one room would be a long list. I don't think the owner cares!

The final insult came on our last day. I was loading our luggage into our car at 10am (their only check-out time) when the male owner walked right into the room despite my protestations. My wife was getting out of the shower in the bathroom with the non-closing door. I raced back into the room and asked the owner to please wait, we would be gone in 5 minutes. He refused to wait 5 minutes and continued scurrying around the room "cleaning"! He continued to refuse to leave the room until I offered to call the police. There is no doubt in my mind he was attempting to get his own little peep show starring my wife. When I told him I intended to write this review of his motel and his perverted actions, he told me that I was not smart enough to write a review. Well, what do you think now, you pervert. I would not recommend this place to anyone for any reason.

Room Tip: For a good room, keep looking for another motel.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
21  Thank hillgoatlady
There are newer reviews for Beach Croft Motel

Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

We were looking for a place to stay for a few nights and came across this motel. It looked cute from the outside but when we tried to find the office we had to walk through a jungle of a garden .

We asked to see a room - the room was dated and didn't seem clean - it had a horrible smell.

The owner was surly and unfriendly .

We left and found something cleaner & cheaper just 1/2 mile up the road .

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
12  Thank Dinerlady
Reviewed 11 December 2012

I am writing on behalf of my friends who just recently stayed here for three nights. When you sign in he lets you sign a paper that said if you had any visitors to your room, he would charge you for an extra room. He did let me park in one of his parking spaces when I went to the beach with my friend, which I was very surprised about, but I would not go anywhere near the room. They also thought he entered the room when they were not there. She said there was no dish washing soap there and then there was. They were actually scared.
Sounds like what he does is actually illegal! He is paranoid and should not be in business, especially that type of business.
If you want to enjoy your vacation without being paranoid, I'd suggest not staying here.

Room Tip: Do not choose Beach Croft Motel!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
9  Thank Kathy O
Reviewed 23 November 2012

My wife and I were taking a slow journey down the Gulf Coast and looking at propertyies in the Englewood area. Decided to stay and look more the next day. Found the Breach Croft and thought it was cute and since it is very close to the beach decided we try it. Great surprise, it's a no frill, clean, quiet place to spend some quality time. Just a short walk to the beach, lots of restaurants close, nicely furnished, nothing fancy, and comfortable. Can't ask for much more. The entrance to the rooms is hidden by vegetation and really insulates out traffic noise from the nearby street. We were there during the week of Halloween and I must say that the owner has at the very least a macbre appreciation for that "Holiday". Will absolutely stay there again

Room Tip: Rooms on the west end have better views but are accordingly more expensive. Try the ones that are &q...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank FLbum
Reviewed 25 October 2012

i was down in the englewood area for a days.....stayed at the beachcroft for three days..a very funky and cool place....very clean...nicely furnished......steps from the beach.....owners are very nice and helpfulll.......

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank pete0628
Reviewed 17 September 2012

My first impression of this place was 'kitchy'. It is a jungle walk to get to your room with different things all around the place. The room however was nice and clean. As clean as it can be for being so close to the beach in a humid climate. I noticed a musty smell but my wife didn't. Again I expect this with the proximity to the beach. I really liked this place and the nightspots that are within walking distance. A lot of places you read about that say they are 'steps away from the beach' are usually a long walk there but not the Beach Croft. We walked about 20 yards and where enjoying the gulf sunset. Make sure to walk back along the beach from 'downtown'. It is really nice and peaceful.

Room Tip: We stayed in the #7 and it was good but the shower drained slow. Other than that the bed was comfor...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bill M
Reviewed 24 June 2012

And while its a 'no thrills' type place, very nice. Its clean, cozy and we love the fact that the owners keep it very private. Its only steps to the beach so you don't have to find a parking spot. Only a few more steps and you're at restaurants. We'll keep staying here every year. My in-laws have stayed here for a month each year for several years now and they feel the same way.
The rooms are kept fresh and clean and no bed bugs!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MSL9965
Also consider these accommodations in or near Englewood
Sun Life Beach Hotel
#4 of 10 in Englewood
Weston's WannaB Inn
Weston's WannaB Inn
#2 of 13 in Englewood

Been to Beach Croft Motel? Share your experiences!