“A Trip to the Beach”
Review of Beach Croft Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Englewood
Beach Croft Motel
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Englewood
Sarasota, Florida
“A Trip to the Beach”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Small, intimate, shady and on the beach. Came down for the annual Super Boat International race for four nights. Enjoyed being able to go out and take photos of the boats and races and then return to the shade.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Bob B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Zionsville, Indiana
Reviewed 11 April 2014

If you are looking for a big box hotel- This is NOT it. However- if you are looking for a quaint, lovely, beach hotel- This is IT!

My husband and I will be frequenting this establishment as our getaway!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Therealmrshamilton
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

Never met the owner but my husbands first words were "not very friendly" . We thought the room was awesome as far as location and comfortable. Only stayed one night. Very funky on the outside with all kinds of plants that could use some grooming. Reminded us a lot of somewhere we would stay in Asia.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank sdual911
Princeton, Illinois
Reviewed 1 April 2014

My sister and I have stayed at the Beach Croft Motel 2 years in a row..... we love this little spot in the sun! The rooms aren't "fancy", but they are really clean and neat. We loved having a full fridge and toaster too. They are steps from the beach and many fun places to eat, drink and enjoy some music. You can walk everywhere and not worry about drinking and driving! We know they have rules about "quests", but we actually like the fact that they don't want wild "party time" going on there! They have chairs, bikes and other items to use. We will be back! Thanks for the fun! Dodie and Susie

Room Tip: We like the room upstairs with the private balcony, but have stayed downstairs too and loved the gar...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Lucy711
Ohio
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Stay here if you're an exhibitionist!!

We stayed at the Beach Croft for a week. It could be called "rustic" but what we experienced greatly outweighed any charm the facility might have had. The owners have tried to make this a charming little "garden" paradise near the beach. This is great upon initial observation but in doing so they have provided a habitat for many Florida Bark Scorpions! They have also built a raised wooden loft to provide a view. This shabby structure was so poorly constructed that 2 of us (about 350 lbs. together) made it wobble so badly that we feared it was going to fall over. This was typical of the motel. It was all crudely remodeled; a completely jimmy-rigged, honey-do makeover. Our bathroom door couldn't close completely because it was so poorly installed. I had to correct the cable connection to get any television stations. I also had to fix the toilet seat so that important body parts didn't get crushed. Needed repairs for this one room would be a long list. I don't think the owner cares!

The final insult came on our last day. I was loading our luggage into our car at 10am (their only check-out time) when the male owner walked right into the room despite my protestations. My wife was getting out of the shower in the bathroom with the non-closing door. I raced back into the room and asked the owner to please wait, we would be gone in 5 minutes. He refused to wait 5 minutes and continued scurrying around the room "cleaning"! He continued to refuse to leave the room until I offered to call the police. There is no doubt in my mind he was attempting to get his own little peep show starring my wife. When I told him I intended to write this review of his motel and his perverted actions, he told me that I was not smart enough to write a review. Well, what do you think now, you pervert. I would not recommend this place to anyone for any reason.

Room Tip: For a good room, keep looking for another motel.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
21 Thank hillgoatlady

Travellers are raving about these Englewood hotels

Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

We were looking for a place to stay for a few nights and came across this motel. It looked cute from the outside but when we tried to find the office we had to walk through a jungle of a garden .

We asked to see a room - the room was dated and didn't seem clean - it had a horrible smell.

The owner was surly and unfriendly .

We left and found something cleaner & cheaper just 1/2 mile up the road .

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
12 Thank Dinerlady
Englewood, Florida
Reviewed 11 December 2012

I am writing on behalf of my friends who just recently stayed here for three nights. When you sign in he lets you sign a paper that said if you had any visitors to your room, he would charge you for an extra room. He did let me park in one of his parking spaces when I went to the beach with my friend, which I was very surprised about, but I would not go anywhere near the room. They also thought he entered the room when they were not there. She said there was no dish washing soap there and then there was. They were actually scared.
Sounds like what he does is actually illegal! He is paranoid and should not be in business, especially that type of business.
If you want to enjoy your vacation without being paranoid, I'd suggest not staying here.

Room Tip: Do not choose Beach Croft Motel!
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
9 Thank Kathy O
Also consider these accommodations in or near Englewood
Sun Life Beach Hotel
#4 of 10 in Englewood
Weston's WannaB Inn
Weston's WannaB Inn
#2 of 13 in Englewood

Been to Beach Croft Motel? Share your experiences!