Beach Croft Motel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Sun Coast Inn(Englewood)(Great Value!)
US$81
Pearl Beach Inn(Englewood)
US$200
Hotels.com
US$84
Travelocity
Englewood Bay Motel & Apartments(Englewood)(Great Value!)
US$90
Travelocity
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewscute hotelpeace and quietenglewood beachnext yearsharonkitchenettestepshiltongulf
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 June 2014

From outside this looks like a quaint small motel as you walk up to the office area you realise that the place is very cluttered with potted plants, ornaments and the like. The owner laboured a number of times no visitors, not a problem as we knew no one from the area, however the multiple signs to say we were not let anyone in our room was excessive.

The room was small and basic, kitchenette, with sofa, chair and TV and a very small bathroom with a shower we didn't use given how it looked, unclean and badly maintained. The bedroom again was small.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank RichardB191
Reviewed 22 May 2014

From the road this looks like a quaint small motel. The office area and grounds are very cluttered with potted plants, ornaments etc. the owner mentioned a few times no visitors, that's fine we don't know anyone in the area, also had to sign to say we wouldn't let anyone in our room, all a little excessive, with signs everywhere saying no visitors! The room was small and basic, kitchenette, with settee and TV. The smallest bathroom I have been in, I didn't shower there as I wasn't sure of the cleanliness! It could do with a lick of paint as it's beginning to peel on the ceiling. We slept well, but always with one eye on the clock as the document we had to sign (for no visitors!!) also said you must be out BEFORE 10:30, if you weren't out by then your belongs would all be bundled up and removed, whilst we had no intention of being there past 10:30hrs this seemed a little aggressive in its approach...

All in all not somewhere I would rush back too, and I dint think for $94 dollars it was good value

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Kyla64
Reviewed 28 April 2014

this is one of those little cute motels of yesteryear...older and quaint...but worn. The problem was the owners. We rented a two bedroom efficiency. We invited family who lives nearby to see how cute it was for family. The room said it slept 4 adults and two children, but better for 2 and 2. We said there were three, when actually we didn't know if the third adult would show. Three middle age adults, absolutely not party people. When two of our visitors showed up NOT TO STAY, just to see the room, the owner ran over and said, "they need to leave asap, no visitors allowed. NONE. Due to their "strange insurance"..you cannot even invite someone in for coffee. LOL. My family left quickly and we were embarrassed! Ten minutes later, the owner returned and said "what is this, an invasion"? The only one there at that time was the other person who was renting the room!! I was standing in the drive talking to my family. It was too bizarre. They mentioned a few times that there were cameras everywhere and that made us paranoid. Like in the rooms/?? or in the kitchen??? We were so sorry we rented there. Please take my advice; this is not a people or pet friendly hotel. And please don't ask you friends to come in for a drink or cheese..they will stand out and look in the windows...never again!! We live local and I will never send anyone to this place.

Room Tip: Go to another motel...thank you.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
10  Thank njones0623
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Small, intimate, shady and on the beach. Came down for the annual Super Boat International race for four nights. Enjoyed being able to go out and take photos of the boats and races and then return to the shade.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Bob B
Reviewed 11 April 2014

If you are looking for a big box hotel- This is NOT it. However- if you are looking for a quaint, lovely, beach hotel- This is IT!

My husband and I will be frequenting this establishment as our getaway!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple