“Beach Croft is best value”
Review of Beach Croft Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Englewood
Beach Croft Motel
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Englewood
Reviewed 1 November 2010

My wife and I love the old Florida atmosphere of this place. Cool foliage tunnels to traverse through. Baby Lizards run and play outside. There's a hose outsie to rinse your feet too when you come in from the beach. Great location near the beach and food. Most of all it's priced right. We never saw the owners after our check in with no hassle from them whatsoever. Upon arrival Brett gave us an umbrella and two beach chairs too. He says very little but his actions speak loudly. Sharon is great too. I've read unkind and unfair reviews of the Beach Croft. So just do what you say you will do and everything will be great. After all! They own the place, you don't. You are their guest and like all places, there are rules. If you are expecting the Hilton then go to the Hilton. So what if all the towels don't match. At least THE PLACE IS CLEAN! This is a true taste of "Old Florida" We recommend the Beach Croft to all and we will most definately stay there again

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank beachboy799

Reviewed 23 October 2010

I totally adored this place. Last time I was there, I invited a woman I had known for 26 yrs to drop in from Port Charlotte. Granted she talks a little loudly, buit it was early afternoon, only 1 guest I knew about. They came down and had her sign a paper because she was there. Then I get a call from the female owner telling me she had to leave because they'd had too many robberies (my friend is Puerto Rican, has MS, and tokk excellent care of my daughter when she was young). We are still very good friends. Upshot is that I paid $500 for a week, stayed 1 night, left. I told them they owed me $300; they countered w/ 3 free nights, like I want to be under a microscope?? It's a good place if you want to walk on eggshells; I did find that at least one of the 'rumors' on the net about their family practices is true. Cannot go back there again, but offered to buy it in a couple of years, seriously.

Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
5  Thank Learical
Reviewed 9 June 2010

My husband and I came upon this motel when visiting the area for a friend's wedding. It is located on the beach sharing the same entrance to the public beach parking lot. It is actually hard to see beacause it is so overgrown with every plant and bush known to man. I am guessing this is part of the owner's way of trying to hide the place. We were shown a room that looked like it was decorated by a blind person but it was close to were we needed to be and appeared on the surface to be clean, never judge a book by it's cover! The wallpaper boarder was falling off the walls, there were 5 different towels in the bathroom...none of them matched, and when I slid the table over to make room to walk past it the dust bunnies flew out from underneath it! The owner was so proud of her "new " bedspreads...blue and brown crushed velvet. She told us no visitors, in fact told us not to tell anyone where we were staying....HUH? My husband and the groom to be stopped at the room to get something and left in less than 5 minutes. The next morning at 10:00am there was a knock at the door...the owner told us we had to leave because we let someone know where we were staying. The thing that really kills me is that she let us stay the first night and took our money and waited until the next day to ask us to leave. This dump may have a great location but what's the sense in staying someplace if you have to stay under cover, almost like you have to be ashamed to stay there! I wouldn't tell anyone to stay here...you would never be able to see them! WHAT A DUMP!!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
6  Thank PRLventi
Reviewed 19 April 2010

If you want to be close to the beach, got it; if you want a kitchen, got it; some small wildlife, got it; spa; 30 secs. to beach, got it; full kitchen, got it, even in small room. all in all, my review is ********** Shaeon and Brett are great, so are their children!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 April 2010

We stayed here for a few days with our 2 very young children. At first we had a lovely time! Our "room" was perfect! Very sweet, clean, we love the location. The playground was right there, the beach just a few steps away. Our 2 year old loved the turtles that lived just outside the room. The wife and younger girl who live there were very nice to him. It was great to have somewhere we could put the boys down for a nap and step out and sit beside the "pool" with the baby monitor and listen for them if they need us. Sometimes when traveling with small children naps either don't happen because they see us in the same room as them or you end up sitting in a dark hotel room for 3 hours.

THEN. THEN it all went downhill. My father in law lives in Englewood and he so kindly offered to babysit for us for an hour or 2. The plan was for him to come by and bring the boys a happy meal. He was going to take them down to the beach and have a picnic while my husband and I went out for a drink. dum dum dum...

If you had read the other reviews (we had not prior to booking our stay here) you would know how this story ends. Apparently we were not gone for more than a few minutes before the door was pounded on, threats were exchanged. The proprietors demanded my father in law leave the premises with or without my children (a baby and a 2 year old, alone in the room??) or he would call the police. Finally(with the wives intervention) they were able to agree on them paying a FINE(a FINE!) and signing some sort of waiver but my husband and I had to come back. It was all so horrible. We felt terribly unwelcome and wanted to leave immediately. Had we had anywhere to go we'd have been gone. So ends our lovely vacation. We normally go to Englewood every year, but we won't be back this year, the entire experience left such a bad taste in our mouth. I am already sorry and I miss it. It's a forgotten gem that place.

I do understand needing to protect yourself and your family. But really. We are a nice family. I am sure everyone says that, but we really are quite normal. My father in law owns a business right there in Englewood. My husband grew up in the neighborhood. Our children were babies at the time- regular quiet children who sleep something like 18 hours a day! We hadn't done a single thing to require being spoken to or treated in that manner. We would have been happy to have had my father in law babysit in his house or had him meet us on the beach if only we'd known the rules up front OR even if the proprietors had handled the situation differently. HE responded completely inappropriately from the very moment Grandpa stepped into the patio. It was UNREAL. Clearly this happens to them very often. But *we* had never been there before. We do not need to be treated like repeat offenders.

If they cannot handle their business, they should not be running one.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
6  Thank Mushy1127
Reviewed 2 March 2010

Contrary to the unfavorable reviews, we found the Beach Croft and its owners to be friendly, cooperative and informative. Our rooms (we booked late, so had to change rooms mid-stay) were totally adequate. We were here more for the environment than the room amenities, so couldn't have been happier with the location. The public beach parking lot is just across the street, and I was a little concerned about party/traffic noise, but it was unfounded. The bathroom was compact but clean, and the first room had a kitchenette. The second room--our favorite--had no stove, but a micro,coffeemaker, toaster, and fridge. It was upstairs, with a deck and a great view of the beach/ocean. The deck alone sold us, and we booked for a week next year. The weather was unseasonably cool (okay, cold), but we found lots to do in the area, with hiking and car trips. Since the beach is 50 yards or so away, we could walk there frequently--and did! We found it to be great value for the money , and are looking forward to returning!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sandy_feetMichigan
Reviewed 7 October 2009

My wife and I have stayed at Beach croft every Nov. for a month since 1991 to celebrate our anniversary. We have been treated like family, And consider Brett & Sharon very good at keeping you safe & relaxed. I wouldn't travel 1600 kl. to stay in a dump. Each their own.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Englewood
Sun Life Beach Hotel
#4 of 10 in Englewood
Weston's WannaB Inn
Weston's WannaB Inn
#2 of 13 in Englewood

Been to Beach Croft Motel? Share your experiences!