“Great value on the Gulf”

Englewood Bay Motel & Apartments
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Englewood
Williston, VT
“Great value on the Gulf”
Reviewed 15 April 2008

We needed a break from Vermont’s endless winter and its worst flu season ever, and so we decided last-minute to book an economical and restful week on the Gulf Coast. If you’re looking for low-key, high-value respite, you can’t beat Englewood. Nestled between Venice and Boca Grande, Englewood has a small town, real Florida feel. The beaches of Manasota Key are terrific, and Dearborn Street boasts a nice selection of local area businesses. We stayed at Englewood Bay Motel and Apartments, with host Joe Grippi, who provided a wealth of useful tips regarding area activities and resources. Our accommodations were spacious, comfortable, and clean. You’ll want a car to get to and from the beaches, but we loved our stay and found everything we could want or need in the local environs. For a wonderful jewel hidden amongst its glitzier neighbors, try the town of Englewood, and specifically, the Englewood Bay Motel and Apts and Mangos Bistro.
Dee Steffan/Catriona McHardy
Williston, VT

Stayed April 2008
1 Thank DeeWilliston_VT

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Reviewed 29 January 2008

We stayed in the 2 bedroom condo style apartment for a week at Christmas time 2007. Very clean, comfortable, nicely furnished and the kitchen had everything for cooking. Such friendly and accomodating owners made the stay even more enjoyable. This is located on a quite street you can walk across to watch the sunset and we even saw dolphins in the channel one evening. I will definitely return when I have the opportunity and possibly bring the whole family. Regards, Lynn from Michigan

• Liked — Comfortable-move right in and everything is there
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled with friends
1 Thank WanderingLynn
Reviewed 16 January 2008

I happen to stumble across this place on a recent trip to the Florida area. Everything was clean and up-to-date. The kitchen had almost everything one could need. If there was anything I wanted, all I needed to do was ask. The owner was more than accommodating and such a charm. In addition to the amenities, the location was optimal. The beaches and/or shopping are very close by. I could even walk over to a waterway to see the sun set. I have nothing but positive memories of this place and my stay there.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled with friends
1 Thank MidMichigan1
georgia
Reviewed 2 November 2007

Englewood Bay Motel and Apartments is a place you can stay and be assured you will find your accommodations to FAR exceed your cost. I
stayed there a week in October of ’07 and was very pleasantly surprised with how neat, clean and comfortably furnished I found my efficiency to be. there is a laundry, large gas grill for use on site
and did I mention there is even free wi fi. I am a single lady who likes to travel and felt safe the entire time. The areas beautiful gulf beaches, parks, variety of grocery stores and wal-mart are all within easy access. The owner is so very nice and helpful; making you
feel as though you were a returning guest and not a “first timer”. By
the way, I also stayed a week recently at his other location close by on Manasota Key—called Turtle Bay [--] —condo with pool, beach, and private dock access on Lemon Bay. A little more costly than Englewood, but sooo very worth it! ask the owner of Englewood about this location if you want a little piece of heaven right here; you won’t go wrong at either place!

happy travels---Anna from Georgia

• Liked — comfortable clean efficiency with very friendly owner
  • Disliked — can't think of a thing!
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled solo
2 Thank gulfwatcher
Reviewed 24 July 2007

I have been visiting the Englewood area for several years for several weeks and months at a time for the last 10 years, this is by far the best place I have stayed as of YET!!! Very clean, completely bug free, convenient location, wonderful owners/ managers!!! After having stayed in several well known hotel chains, as well as condos in the area, I will NEVER stay anywhere else. Very friendy atmosphere, all conveniences of your home, laundry facilities on premesis, bbq grill, patio area, any questions or concerns addressed by owners with the pick up of a phone which calls them directly!! Am looking forward to returning as soon as possible!!!

• Liked — Owners and managment
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled solo
5 Thank travelrama
houston
Reviewed 15 May 2007

We only had the opportunity to stay at the Englewood Bay Motel for one night. We were vacationing in the Orlando area and planned a fishing trip for Boca Grande some 3 hrs away. So we needed a hotel close by for the night before.
When I first contacted Joe about being able to book just one night at his hotel he responded very quickly and was very accommodating. We booked an efficiency and he waved the housekeeping charge since we wouldn't be using the kitchen. And he let me know as soon as my check had arrived.
When we got to the Englewood Bay Motel we were happy to find it not only very close to the beach, but extremely clean and well kept. Everything had been recently redone on the inside and the property, although in the process of getting a sprinkler system was also very well kept. Joe even upgraded us to a one bedroom that happened to be available, at no extra charge. He was very informative on the location of things in the area and even suggested a great seafood restaurant across from the beach...which we ate at and loved. It not only had great food, but a great view of the sunset with a nice breeze coming off the ocean. Joe even went as far as to accommodate us by letting us take showers after our fishing trip before heading back to Orlando (a true life saver).
When we do make it back that way again we will definitely stay at the Englewood Bay Motel.

• Liked — Very clean
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled as a couple
5 Thank asloan
Sonoma
Reviewed 10 May 2007

I am a traveling nurse and usually stay at one location from three to four months. I lucked out on the Englewood Bay Motel - convenient location, newly remodeled units, immaculate, and terrific owners. I'm hoping to be sent back to the hospital because I know just where to stay!

• Liked — Clean, immaculate units
  • Disliked — I missed my home!
  • Stayed November 2006, travelled on business
6 Thank sonomaresident
Also consider these accommodations in or near Englewood
Sun Life Beach Hotel
#4 of 10 in Englewood
Pearl Beach Inn
Pearl Beach Inn
#1 of 10 in Englewood

Been to Englewood Bay Motel & Apartments? Share your experiences!