“Local talent performs great plays.”

Lemon Bay Playhouse
Ranked #16 of 40 things to do in Englewood
More attraction details
Owner description: Lemon Bay Playhouse is Englewood, Florida's community theater, providing live performances throughout the year. You can see a listing of our current offerings on our website. Lemon Bay Playhouse is a very popular venue, so book your tickets as early as you can.
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We have been there several times over the years. We are always pleased with the play, the performances & the darling playhouse.
The plays are entertaining and well done. Lots of local talent to fill the roles.

2  Thank seniorsontheloose

Reviewed 23 June 2013

We went to see Don't cry for me Margaret Mitchell. It was our first time at this theater and we were impressed. The show was hilarious and very well done. I was also impressed by the quality of the acting.
This show is definitely worth seeing, especially if you enjoy a good laugh!

1  Thank BeverlyA845
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Frankly my dear, I had never heard of the play "DON'T CRY FOR ME, MARGARET MITCHELL, but I volunteer at the Playhouse so I have the privilege of seeing the dress rehearsal.

It was absolutely HILARIOUS and I laughed till I had a belly ache. Tickets are still available for only $18.00 per person and because this is such a small theater, it is intimate and there are no bad seats in the house.

At dress rehearsal tonight there were representatives from a local newspaper (I'm not sure if I'm allowed to mention the name) but those ladies LOOOOOVED this play, as did I.

We are proud of our little community theater, and this play proves once again what a great director Bob La Salle is. Also, the actors, Nick Nichols, Gary Grossman, Steve Horowitz and Ruth Shaulis all deserve Academy Awards for their performances.

Don't miss this play, people, it's only here till June 30 - you'll thank me for recommending this one!

4  Thank mamamia70
Reviewed 25 April 2013

If you haven't been here...GO. It's a great place to see a play. You will feel great when you leave. The actors do a tremendous job and you will feel such a sense of community!

1  Thank RetRPH
Reviewed 21 March 2013

We love going to this little playhouse every year, it can be hard to get tickets so we purchase them on line before we arrive for the season.

1  Thank Judy K